By Anonymous - 22/09/2013 11:36 - United States - Big Pine Key

Today, for the fifth day in a row, I have awoken at 6am to the sounds of my roommate's guest's child screaming. If it's anything like the last four days, the child will continue to randomly screech every fifteen minutes or so for the next five hours. I work 13-hour night shifts. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 012
You deserved it 2 755

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Zack6849 8

Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver :D

Comments

skyeyez9 24

The kid screaming every 15 minutes is not normal. The poor kid probably has an ear infection which can make a little one scream like that, its very painful.

Still, not Op's responsibility. If the kid is sick they need to take it home or get a hotel room.

We don't know if op agreed to this guest coming with the baby. If op did, then nobody probably thought this was going to be an issue. Instead of placing blame, they need to come up with reasonable solutions. Plenty of families deal with this problem successfully every day.

Oh, wow, Panda, you are so funny. Abuse the kid, instead of just asking the guests to leave or shut the **** up. One of the children I used to babysit died because her drunk uncle decided to shake her to "shut her up." She was a really sweet kid. So no, not funny at all.

happyfingers 15

How old is the kid? If they're old enough to be sleeping through the night, at that point I'd be telling the "guest" that if they didn't shut their kid up so I could sleep they'd have to get out. Cuz that's really rude to be letting your kid scream all night when your a GUEST in someone else's home. That's just outright disrespectful. If the kid is still a baby and that's why they're screaming all night, well... You're probably screwed. Sorry OP. Invest in some noise cancelling headphones? Or earplugs?

how could someone even vote YDI on this one?????

If you work 13 hour night shifts then how are you home at 6 am??

My best friend her partner and two kids under 3 are currently living with us part time so I know how you feel. Although they are respectful enough to try stop the crying. I suggest some white noise in your room like a fan going, shut the windows and have a tv or ipod on to drown it out! The crying back at a kid sometimes works to because they are to stunned and confused as to why your wailing back at them to continue, it's rather amusing.

my old roommate had his girlfriend and her devil 4 yro. finally I had enough and told him they had to stop spending the night. that didn't work so I moved out and he was left with a whole bunch of bills with no help since we paid everything 50/50

chocolatefrog28 29

Sounds like it's time to visit with your roommate and discuss the situation, I'm sure they must be aware of your work schedule and it's not fair to you to have to suffer through their visitor's noisy spawn. I wish you luck, OP

Guest? Tell your guest, that your place ain't a flophouse for her and her baby. Because if you don't your guest will be with you permanently.