By Anonymous - 22/09/2013 11:36 - United States - Big Pine Key

Today, for the fifth day in a row, I have awoken at 6am to the sounds of my roommate's guest's child screaming. If it's anything like the last four days, the child will continue to randomly screech every fifteen minutes or so for the next five hours. I work 13-hour night shifts. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 012
You deserved it 2 755

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Zack6849 8

Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver :D

Comments

truepanda 2

i would smack the shit out of that kid if i were u. my sleep is more important

I wish I could smack some brains back into that empty cavaity you call a skull.

Zack6849 8

Hah, it's funny because he's suggesting abusing a defenseless child!

Spider_Web 11

I like how all these jokes about hitting/shaking the child are downvoted and shunned but one about murder has 50+ upvotes.

Yeah, but they never specified who should get murdered. It wasn't specifically related to the child, and the person didn't suggest abusing the kid.

Because murdering a kids parents is going to make him shut up? Riiiight.

@ Spider_Web: jizzwold probably just got popularity thumbs-up. It really had nothing to do with what he said, just a familiar face on FML that people could support with up-votes. I wouldn't give his comment any more credibility than the others with similar fashion or popularity.

Zack6849 8

Because giving prescription medication to children is a fantastic idea

I think that the sedative is for OP to keep him calm.

How hard is it to take the child on a walk or to the park so you can sleep? I hate it when parents think the world should change for their child instead of actually doing anything about it.

Those are the same parents that go out to a restaurant and don't take their screaming kid outside! That's right, we all want to hear your demon child screech while I'm trying to enjoy my clam chowder!

perdix 29

If it's every 15 minutes or so, it's not random, it's periodic. Perhaps you ought to plot the screeching times on an Excel chart and give your roommate the graph. I mean, since you won't be sleeping, you might as well brush up your math and computer skills.

Random was used as in "for no good damn reason". Not literal.

perdix 29

#24, the OP can't know that without performing a Root Cause Analysis -- yet another skill he could acquire during his sleep-deprivation torture.

Spider_Web 11

@24: It was a joke, not literal

If you houseshare you don't have the right to bring in disruptive guests. I'd consider finding a new roommate if yours is that rude.

ViviMage 38

Hotel time, or some actual parenting!

Obey_StudBoii 23

Your roommates guest has poor parenting skills. People that continuously let their children scream or cry for no reason need to figure out a solution. Not just let your kid cry. I may get thumbed down for this comment but I don't care. Best of luck OP.

skyeyez9 24

The child could have colic and that makes a kid scream inconsolably.

While some parents grow numb to the sound of their tittie feeders and don't try to fix the problem, others are dealing with issues that no matter what, nothing can be done. I know some mentioned walks or car rides, but the situation may not lend itself to that being an option. I'm sure when the roommate offered for this person to stay, they didn't think this would be a problem. But now that it is, it is worth everyone taking a few minutes to put their heads together and come up with a solution. Ear plugs with white noise does do wonders though op. Covers up my husband's snoring which is almost as loud and annoying as a baby's scream.

Whenever they need sleep or are having a nap, do the same as the child. Record yourself wailing and screaming and hide them in hard to get to places. Trust me, it works.

kandy420 4

I'd ask them to leave thats disrespectful of your roommate to allow that.