By ForeverAlone - 15/10/2014 00:13 - United States - Watertown

Spicy
Today, before work, I was quickly cleaning when I tripped and the side of my neck hit the countertop, causing a dark bruise. During work, people wouldn't stop giving me high fives for getting laid and I was too embarrassed to tell them truth that I'm not desirable, just clumsy. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 420
You deserved it 3 767

Same thing different taste

Top comments

AnOriginalName 19

I have eczema and it occasionally flares on my neck, right where a hickey would be. People always ask if it's a hickey, but I don't even have a girlfriend. At least you have the claim to being clumsy. My skin just hates me.

If they believe that you could have a significant other, then you're already half way there-ish! Be confident and proud of who you are! You'll find someone for you! Don't dwell on it, just live and have fun and it'll happen.

Comments

KatzeZauber 7

I would keep an eye on your health. A giant bruise can lead to medical issues like blood clots in the future.

I once had a huge (fist sized) hickey on my neck & was stopped by police, they wanted to know who hit me in the neck with a baseball bat & continued to pester me for 45 minutes to try to get me to "confess" who did it.

Maybe it's just me but I definitely wouldn't assume someone had sex by seeing a bruise on their neck... And even if someone gets a hickey it doesn't mean that they had sex either... It's interesting to me how they cheered for another getting laid. Like it's a prize. I never cared about others' sex lives (unless it was a friend talking to me about something). But to me, generally, that's their info and just part of life I'd say you are just fine if it was a hickey or just a bruise. I'm sorry you got hurt! Don't worry about pleasing others or looking a certain way. And if they really would give you a hard time or make you feel bad then that's on them-not you. :)