By lizzie57 - 13/02/2015 12:09 - United Kingdom

Today, as a reward for finishing all my work in maths, I was told I could leave early. Apparently, later on, the class had a random attendance inspection. I didn't know about this until I received a detention for not being present at that class. My teacher had completely forgotten about me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 931
You deserved it 2 731

lizzie57 tells us more.

Hi, OP here. Thanks for the comments, so happy this got published and the maths jokes made me laugh :) to people questioning the random attendance inspections - my school has really bad attendance generally so we get them to try and scare us into coming more. I did talk to my teacher and he spoke to the office and explained the situation and they let me off :) so alls well that ends well I suppose. I was just a bit annoyed at my teacher forgetting me! But bless him he was very apologetic. Anyway, thats me explained :)

Top comments

Steve97 32

Random attendance inspection? What kind of bullshit wannabe military school does that?

Comments

jentrynicole 20

You should talk to your teacher and see if they can get them to drop your detention.

I think your calculations might be off.

xChaos 29

Something must've TRIGgered the reaction

It's a shame that a simple FML about math can cos all of these sin-ful math puns.

thebosslikeaboss 18

This post could really divide some people's opinions

You guys are getting too hyp-d with these math puns.

there is an integral problem with this situation.

xChaos 29

Well, for whatever it is, you guys can count me out.

Math puns are sines of intelligence. If we are selfless, brave, friendly, and/or honest, we could be divergent since we're already intelligent.

Steve97 32

Random attendance inspection? What kind of bullshit wannabe military school does that?

I went to a boarding school, it was pain in the ass when it comes to attendance but it was amazing after all

Yeah, our school gets random attendance checks as well.. It gets pretty annoying to be honest

Seems pretty normal to me. I had that in high school too. The teachers took attendance at every lesson, but there were also people visiting classrooms randomly. They call the parents of everyone who is missing. It was almost impossible to ditch a class without them knowing and calling your parents. When you're late, they write a message to your parents and they have to sign it. If you come too late 5 times they take your student card and you're not allowed to go outside during the lunch break. Education in my country is pretty f*cked up. That's probably why we have such a high failure rate. Sometimes even 1/4 of the students have to repeat the year. We have exams twice a year and sometimes you already know in december that you'll fail the year. Despite that you still have to go to school. There are people failing their year for PE classes...

Failing from PE?! In my school, you fail if you fail Humanities (English and History for those not familiar), Science, Math, or Spanish (only for my grade.) PE, Art, Drama, and Computer Science for earlier and later grades are subclasses, which usually don't give homework and usually stay into the 90s, unless you're reeeeaaaaally lazy in class. PE is pretty much 'show up in sneakers and throw a ball in a hoop' for an 100. If your school takes PE so seriously that you can fail your year, that's sad. I understand they want to keep up student fitness, but that's over the top.

I knew of quite a few who failed PE, even though it's just a show up in the right clothes and throw a ball. Some are just incredibly lazy.

Or you can be like me and have a lying asshole for a PE teacher... Long story short he had us doing the exact same thing every. single. day. So I asked if I could do a different activity on my own, even specifically asked if I would still get full marks for it, and he said yeah go ahead, no problem, you'll get full marks. End of year comes, I failed by 2%, and when I asked why he said it was because I didn't do the assigned activity like everyone else. I wasn't the only one he purposely failed, either. So not everyone who fails PE is lazy... Some of us just got shitty teachers :/

BBlah 26

Do you have work dated from that day's math class? If so, show it as proof that you were there, maybe it'll help? And of course talk to your teacher

Whoah whoah whoah. get your teacher to clear that shit.

Do you expect educators to be flawless? Thanks for pointing out the obvious for every single person alive.

BBlah 26

#17 why are you so butthurt hahaha relax

Ask your teacher to talk to the inspectors, maybe he'll be able to get you out of detention. And congrats on maths, I never seem to get the point and take really long while doing my homework.

situations like this could be avoided if we all ate more green vegetables