By kerripjones - 14/07/2015 19:44 - United States - Newark

Today, an old friend and I reconnected. Everything was going fine until he threatened to visit me at work. I didn't know he knew my place of employment, so I replied, "Do you know where I live too?" He answered, "Would you hate me if I did?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 268
You deserved it 2 113

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I hope he was joking but i'd keep my distance from him just to be safe. Goodluck!

Wow, that must feel a bit creepy. Perhaps he's been stalking you. I would say you should run like hell, and run far

Comments

I'm betting you have that information readily available. Say, a Facebook page or something to that end?

Cozy_Blanket 16

Now that's a dedicated friend. I can't even get half mine to return a text! All joking aside that is slightly weird.

You know, it used to be a pleasant surprise when an old friend looked you up and "coincidentally" turned up at your favorite grocery store 200 miles away from his home.

Wow, glad you found out sooner rather than later! I'm glad you're ok :)

You're from Texas (profile says so) buy a gun and keep it with you. Good luck and stay safe.

If things get worse there is always restraining orders. Don't just leave it OP, because it's weird.

Warning Will Robinson, warning. Red flags are flying high. Run, do not walk to the nearest get the hell out of there spot.

Make sure you screenshot (I'm assuming he messaged you on Facebook) everything he said! Print out all of it with a time stamp. If you get any more creeped out, show it to the police. I'm not sure how responsive they are to stalker outcries in America, but here it'd be extremely important to show the progress of conversations so they know it's not a one time thing. I really hope he just leaves it at creepy OP. Yuck.

Did you guys reconnect at that house party thrown by the other OP? In all seriousness though definitely show that to the police. It won't be considered stalking yet but showing it to them will give you proof down the road that you were already feeling like your privacy was violated, meaning the police will be more likely to respond if things escalate.

Badkarma4u 17

You mean an acquaintance. Why would it bother you if a friend knew where you worked/lived. If he looked you up to reconnect, it makes perfect sense that he would know those things. I think you may be over reacting. Between facebook, LinkedIn, and a telephone directory search, those are easy to find.