By Frazzled - 10/04/2011 10:59 - United States

Today, after three days of hospital camping with my very sick husband, he was finally out of danger when I left last night to get my first good night's sleep in almost 96 hours. He woke me at 5 a.m. with a phone call asking me to bring him comic books because he's bored. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 540
You deserved it 11 299

Same thing different taste

Top comments

monnanon 13

Um correct me if Im wrong but isn't 3 days 72 hours? OP you have done well looking after him when he is in hospital and you need your sleep. Simple fact is if you are too tired then you are in danger of crashing. I hope you told him you would be there in a couple of hours so you could get more sleep. I don't think he was being selfish though, his body clock is probably all over the place and he either didn't realise the time or just didn't think. Also to the commenter somewhere above it is very possibleto die from lack of sleep, things just start to shut down. You are more likely to die from a fatigue induced accident than from the actual fatigue tho.

SmallTownCutie 0

well, he's not dying. you'll sleep eventually.

Comments

For one OP says "first GOOD nights sleep" meaning she has gotten some sleep. Another thing, she never says if she even took them to her husband. If this FML was flipped around everyone would be flipping out saying he was a bad husband for not taking his wife her cosmo. Her husband is in the hospital?! Suck it up and be a good wife and he will repay the favor I'm sure.

I think the OP is lying about the 5am :) she sound like she just wants attention. if he was sick in hospital I wouldn't think he be awake at 5

wriptidez 0

wow, you need your rest to be able to care for him

Why is this an fml be a good wife don't complain and take him comic books he's in the hospital for crying out loud

I was originally on the OP's side until I remembered I practically lived in the hospital for a month with my wife while she was on hospitalized bedrest before having our daughter. I stayed there all the time, slept in a ******* recliner, and I also work in the ICU at the hospital. I don't know the whole story so I won't bash the OP, but hospitals suck, especially if you're bored. Unless he demanded comics right away, I'm on his side.

I can't actually believe people think OP is selfish for wanting sleep after 4 days with no bed, but her husband isn't for waking her up to ask for comic books. I dare anyone who thinks this is reasonable to stay up for 4 days and then see how they would feel if someone asked them to run errands purely to alleviate their boredom. And seriously, asking her to drive when she's just been woken at 5am after days of no sleep? That's as dangerous as driving drunk. Give the woman a break.

I hope he feels better and recovers from whatever he may have. & as for you OP, hang in there & try to catch up on some sleep before you get hospitalized for lack of sleep.

kumakichi 0