By Frazzled - 10/04/2011 10:59 - United States

Today, after three days of hospital camping with my very sick husband, he was finally out of danger when I left last night to get my first good night's sleep in almost 96 hours. He woke me at 5 a.m. with a phone call asking me to bring him comic books because he's bored. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 540
You deserved it 11 299

Same thing different taste

Top comments

monnanon 13

Um correct me if Im wrong but isn't 3 days 72 hours? OP you have done well looking after him when he is in hospital and you need your sleep. Simple fact is if you are too tired then you are in danger of crashing. I hope you told him you would be there in a couple of hours so you could get more sleep. I don't think he was being selfish though, his body clock is probably all over the place and he either didn't realise the time or just didn't think. Also to the commenter somewhere above it is very possibleto die from lack of sleep, things just start to shut down. You are more likely to die from a fatigue induced accident than from the actual fatigue tho.

SmallTownCutie 0

well, he's not dying. you'll sleep eventually.

Comments

sourgirl101 28

There is only one question to ask, Was it Marvel or DC comic books????? I need to know what type of man you married!

shakeTHEworld 12

What? comic book? everyone knows manga is superior.

edteach 0

after reading some of the above posts I feel like it's assumed the husband was aware his lady was by his side the whole time and was just being a dick...consider it's possible he had not been aware depending on how serious his condition

This is very true. He could have been sedated or asleep most of that time, which would explain his messed-up sleep schedule.

to me, that "fml" implies some resentment or anger. if she wasn't upset about it, she wouldn't consider her life f'ed, ya know?

I don't see how that is an fml. I mean, either give him the comic books and go back to sleep or just say no and fall asleep. duh.

tsukaga2isuwaya 0

You're a bitch. If he was "very sick" then just be happy that he is all right.

if he dies then a hope you feel lika bitch fur posting this oan tha internet

oh come on! if my wife were in there for three days, on a hospital cot or sprawled over seats, getting vety broken sleep at best, I would hope I wouldn't be selfish enough to pull that shit! he couldn't have waited another few hours?! she's not a bitch. she's ******* exhausted! he's likely not a total asshole. a lot of men get very self absorbed when they're unwell (me included). but comics? he couldn't have asked a nurse for a magazine from a waiting room?! are there TVs? maybe a bit more sleep? I bet she got him the comics. she's just venting with a bunch of anonymous people to get some perspective. well OP, ignore the assholes on here! I hope you get some rest. you're a good wife!

wow that was a mission of a comment.... but dude she coulda just said no instead of posting oan tha internet bout him and making him look like a douche

yeh! i always write too much. lol. regardless of whether she said yes or no, I think she wants anonymous input to get perspective. she's probably on the fence about whether her (exhausted) emotional reaction is legitimate. but he doesn't look like a douche. this is all fairly anonymous.