By Frazzled - 10/04/2011 10:59 - United States

Today, after three days of hospital camping with my very sick husband, he was finally out of danger when I left last night to get my first good night's sleep in almost 96 hours. He woke me at 5 a.m. with a phone call asking me to bring him comic books because he's bored. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 540
You deserved it 11 299

Same thing different taste

Top comments

monnanon 13

Um correct me if Im wrong but isn't 3 days 72 hours? OP you have done well looking after him when he is in hospital and you need your sleep. Simple fact is if you are too tired then you are in danger of crashing. I hope you told him you would be there in a couple of hours so you could get more sleep. I don't think he was being selfish though, his body clock is probably all over the place and he either didn't realise the time or just didn't think. Also to the commenter somewhere above it is very possibleto die from lack of sleep, things just start to shut down. You are more likely to die from a fatigue induced accident than from the actual fatigue tho.

SmallTownCutie 0

well, he's not dying. you'll sleep eventually.

Comments

in sickness and in health... not boredom.

jennlb08 3

yeah that sucks but he's your sick husband so quit complaining and take care of him as you should

Although being woken up sucks (especially after what you have been through) you should appreciate still being able to hear his voice.

How would he know if you were there if he was really ill? Probably thought you should do something for him!!! Why didn't you unplug your phone and go back to sleep? I'm sure he was sleeping too lol

abcd4242 0

you don't sound like a good wife. just think about it. your husband is in the hospital and your complaining for him waking you up?

I don't think a lot of you have spent time camping in a hospital. It is physically and emotionally exhausting. A lot of times it's harder on the family than the patient. She was camped out by his bed for three days while he really needed her. She needs sleep or she won't be any good anyway. He needs to respect her need for sleep. He couldn't watch tv for a few more hours to let her get rest? I mean come on, if he he was relapsing and he called her because he really NEEDED her and she complained, then yeah, OP would be a bitch. OP's husband needs to learn the difference between a want and a need.

ReynshineCutting 10
GeneralMotors 23

that is why you married him. because you love him.

itsbryn 0

he probably wasnt conscious or coherent. take em. then sleep. or tell him to get them himself