By Anonymous - 13/12/2014 20:21 - United States

Today, after months of saving, I went to buy the wedding ring I promised to buy my fiancée. Just seconds after I walked in, the owner asked me to leave, saying he doesn't serve "trash" like me, while pointing at the memorial tattoo on the back of my hand. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 859
You deserved it 3 690

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Daelynn_17 19

what does this "offensive" tattoo say?

Report them to the BBB and blast the incident on all social media and review outlets.

Put some make up over it then try going back in again. Possibly with a haircut and change of clothes so the owner won't recognise you.

Then again though I wouldn't like the fact I'd be giving my money to an asshole. So I'd probably try another shop unless you really want a specific ring from that shop.

I have had that happen to me before, and what I do is pull out the wad of cash, show them that I had the money to purchase the item, and then when they offer to help(like they always do afterwords), I leave the store and go somewhere else. After buying the item elsewhere, I make sure to go back to the store to show them that they lost a sale because of their arrogance. A call to corporate also helps as well.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

Same thing happened to my grandparents in the 80's. They had the cash for a brand new BMW, and went to the dealership directly after work. My grandpa owns his own company and moves/sets mobile homes (basically construction) so he got dirty looks and the salesman assumed they didn't have the money for a higher end BMW like they wanted so he kept trying to steer them to cheaper vehicles just based on the fact that he looks like (and is) a blue-collar worker. They left, went to a different dealership and got the car they wanted with no trouble. A few weeks later the first salesman called back to see if they were coming back to get a car and they basically told him that if they hadn't been judged on their clothing, he would've had a sale but that they went to a different place to get a car and were happy with their choice. Moral? Don't judge people just based off of their clothing or how they look. ;)

Pompous jerk. You should go somewhere else man.

is that even legal as to what the store owner did?

It is legal... Any business has the right to refuse service to anyone... That being said, it's still unprofessional, and just downright rude, to handle things in that fashion.

It's disappointing that some people are so discriminatory towards others based on things such as - appearance, race, sexual preference, gender, religion, etc.

I dont like it either but ive had the same thing against me when im the cashier. I have chosen my tattoo for a reason and no matter what anyone says to me i will feel proud to have them. It doesn't matter what position you're in people will always make assumptions based on your appearance and ive learned to have a back bone behind my tattoo.

just a few questions: where is the store and what is its name? is there a hareware or sporting goods store nearby?