By pinknicki87 - 03/02/2014 17:34 - United States - Charleston

Today, after months of looking at cribs and picking out the perfect one for my unborn daughter, the store informed me that they no longer make that crib, even though the model is right there on the sales floor. I had to leave as my hormones got the best of me and I started bawling. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 466
You deserved it 5 441

pinknicki87 tells us more.

pinknicki87 5

OP here. Thank you so much for all your kind and supportive words. I seem to be emotional over everything lately. Thank goodness I have such a supportive husband. I know everything happens for a reason, and we will find the perfect crib. Obviously that one wasn't meant to be.

Top comments

Tell the manager that they should put away the crib if they don't still sell it.

Comments

xblaine 17

Ask if you can buy the one that's on display. Seems reasonable.

awwww sweetie! I'm sorry :( maybe its a sign! trust me if I was pregnant and that happened they wouldn't have heard the end of it

DishnobFruitCum 5

YDI for placing that much emphasis on something as trivial as the design of a crib. Months? Seriously? Do you really think the baby gives a shit about the color of the crib?

frizz101 22

You don't have children, do you?

DishnobFruitCum 5

Four months is unacceptable. These kinds of things should not take longer than two weeks. Just 5 minutes with a decent search engine will narrow your options down considerably. I have a feeling you exaggerated the time it took for you to find a crib just to defend the OP.

WhisperSoflty 20

There are things that you can't know about a crib just from a google search. You clearly haven't had to shop for a crib before, so stop talking. The place that you're going to lay your child down every single night for at least the first 2-3 years of their existence should be researched quite thoroughly.

As a new parent you'll usually need to buy about 30-50 different things for the kid, or at least decide on what you will have to buy once it is there. Obvious examples include clothes, toys, diapers, hygienic supplies, stuff to clean up vomit, cribs, pillows, yadda yadda. If you then take into consideration that the parents usually don't spend the entire day together but still want to discuss all options and find one that they both agree on, for every single item, then it can easily take several months to e.g. pick out a crib. They most likely just didn't have the option of picking one quickly, because they needed to first filter them strongly based on price and functionality, then by availability and appeal, then redo the filters because none of the previous cribs were acceptable after some quick quality research through comment boards, etc. pp. These things can take ages even if you're just doing it on your own, now try and imagine doing that with two people who have to agree on it, while one of them has a massive hormonal imbalance that forces them to change their mind repeatedly against their will.

DishnobFruitCum 5

Probably because it's a giant waste of money.

23- Yes, please preach more on how we all should do things your way. I'm so interested.

Seriously though, 4 months is kinda ridiculous.

It's all guys saying "4 months is too long." Clearly men don't grasp the concept of pregnancy, hormones, and taking forever to pick out ANYTHING, simply because everything becomes extra personal when you're pregnant.

I would rather spend a year looking for the right crib that is perfectly safe and looks good than twenty minutes looking like you would and end up with bad quality. Clearly, you have no child experience.

Then ask for someone to help decide for you

frizz101 22

Your not taking into account money, space, functionality, style or anything. It takes a long time to look for cribs,

frizz101 22

Your not taking into account money, space, functionality, style or anything. It takes a long time to look for cribs. some cribs can be converted to toddler beds, but not everyone might like the way it's converted, it might not be in there price range, it can't be converted to a toddler bed, some may need special orders mattresses or they want a crib that can last through multiple babies and the list goes on. Your also not taking into account what style they want, they might want to have a certain color or they might want it to be decorative AND functional, and I can tell you that's fairly hard to find. Plus what if OP or her husband/partner have special needs, what if they're short, or in a wheelchair or any number of possibilities? It's not as simple as going to the store, looking at partially put together crib models only to really rely on description and pictures. It's the same as when you buy a tv, refrigerator, oven, bed or anything important. Something may sound great on paper, but fails in functionality.

I too take my time picking the right crib for my child. I think it through that by the time I decide, my child is off to college :(

get the name of the crib and model number and check online good luck

I would've just stared them right in the eye, put some money on the counter and walked out taking the crib with me. But, you know, 'To each their own'...

try eBay or Amazon.com. hang in there mama. the hormones get a little better.

Weird that they still display that crib, then. Maybe you should've asked if you could buy the displayed crib in stead, maybe you even could have gotten a discount for it being a display model. Good luck, OP.

i work in retail and to be perfectly honest i can see where the store is coming from for not selling the display in that often other customers will pull on the display and try to do things that you wouldn't think of (trust me go to a walmart or any other store like that and ask what they have seen, it will blow your mind). I personally would just walk away in that commonly if you buy a display they will not cover it under warranty or a return policy making it a final sale therefore any problems with it you're now stuck with. Just to make a point here i watched a man put a hand puppet on the ground stomp on it, walk on it etc just to make it dirty in the chance that i would give him a discount.

mrsmueller 7

Have a look at Davinci cribs online!! They are amazingly affordable and super cute. I bought the Kalani model online and was super surprised how nice they were when they were delivered (I had twins this past October!). I know how stressful all that baby stuff is!! Hope you find another one!!!

buttcramp 21

they shouldn't have it on display if they stopped carrying that model! Damn, op this sucks! it is so stressful shopping for your new baby but it's also exciting too. Sorry you had your heart set on that particular crib but it sounds like you really care a lot about your little one. I hope you can find one you like just as much if not better than the first! congrats on the bundle of joy, op.. you two just hang in there!