By Anonymous - 11/10/2016 05:17 - United States

Today, after months of arguing and conflict, I broke up wIth my fiancé. Or at least, I tried to. The wedding's off, but only until he can convince me to want to marry him again. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 377
You deserved it 2 382

Same thing different taste

Top comments

crazy_bananas 31

I'm sorry, what? We need more than this OP.

If I'm taking this in right, you broke up with your fiancé and he can somehow manipulate or convince you to get back with him. If this is the case, it might just be best to try and ignore him. If you're not happy in the relationship and you would rather be out of it, then you don't have to be with him. Staying in a relationship that you don't want to be in can be harmful emotionally.

Comments

How can he convince you? Haven't you had enough? Pressure parents forcing you? We need more intel

I just went through the same thing. I ended it with my Fiancé and he won't leave me alone. He is trying everything to convince me to go through with the wedding and get back together.

1) what were the arguments about? 2) is it actually worth leaving the person you PROMISED to marry? 3) if it's that bad then why don't you just walk out?

1) Why does that matter? 2) Apparently so. 3) OP did. The trick, as I know from my own experience with slimy manipulators, is making sure they don't follow.

It's true love when you can't bring yourself to leave. Don't worry

Or, you know, manipulation, threats, abuse...

I think it's safe to say you made the right decision OP. That just screams of possessiveness and manipulation to me.

bleu85 11

What??? Once you're in, you're in...Make up your mind...see a therapist, perhaps.

He should be the one to see a therapist. She cancelled the wedding and ended the relationship. The EX -fiance isn't willing to accept it and thinks he can convince her to change her mind and get married anyway. Pressure from him to do something she is no longer willing to do is controlling, manipulative, and abusive. I hope he decides to move on OP, and doesn't turn into a stalker.

After reading this FML again, I realize I could have taken it wrong. The post isn't quite clear on which person the outcome is up to.

In no way should a person feel obligated or forced to stay in a relationship at any point. People want to bitch about divorce being higher I just feel happy people can leave abusive, unhealthy, unhappy relationships rather than be forced to stay. They haven't even taken vows and yet you are acting like op isn't allowed to leave??? Wtf??

WTF? If it's so bad you cancelled the wedding and broke it off with him - THEN DON'T GO BACK. Gave you a "you deserved it/ you dumb idiot" for this anecdote. Seriously, RUN, don't wait for him to try to woo you ?

OP sounds like you got out of a potentially abusive relationship - stay strong and ignore him! Maybe get family and friends to help run interference

You can't just try and resolve things? Most verbal arguements can be settled and you clearly love each other enough to almost get married. Smh, this generation just jumps straight for breaking up.

More like we are ABLE to break up and care about happiness rather than how we look to nosy, judgemental people