By Anonymous - 11/10/2016 05:17 - United States

Today, after months of arguing and conflict, I broke up wIth my fiancé. Or at least, I tried to. The wedding's off, but only until he can convince me to want to marry him again. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 377
You deserved it 2 382

Same thing different taste

Top comments

crazy_bananas 31

I'm sorry, what? We need more than this OP.

If I'm taking this in right, you broke up with your fiancé and he can somehow manipulate or convince you to get back with him. If this is the case, it might just be best to try and ignore him. If you're not happy in the relationship and you would rather be out of it, then you don't have to be with him. Staying in a relationship that you don't want to be in can be harmful emotionally.

Comments

Well marriage is all about compromise... I guess... Good practice??

sometimes fighting with each other just shows how much one cares for each other....maybe..

OP here! Had to register, amazed this got published. More info? Sure! My ex (?) and I already live together, and I need 30 days and written notice to legally evict him from my house. He can afford to move out, but I can't. He's not awful, but we fight constantly and the relationship really isn't working, but he won't admit that and is certain that we're soulmates. After the intended breakup, he went right back to business as usual and won't acknowledge the fight or me telling him I want out. He's a good guy, honestly, I don't want to demonize him, but he doesn't understand or accept me. Nor does he understand or accept that I don't want the relationship. I'm "the best thing that ever happened to [him]" and he doesn't seem to believe that there's a future beyond our relationship. It's sad, and I feel bad for him, but I can't guiltlessly extricate myself.

if you don't want to be with him stay away from him. it's not that complicated.