By Anonymous - 23/03/2013 20:15 - United States - Staten Island

Today, after I had changed my number to get away from my abusive ex, my mom decided to give him my new one. She insists that I need to give him another chance. FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 176
You deserved it 3 429

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I guess your mom isn't getting your new, new number.

diablodeldragoon 6

change your number again. don't give it to your idiotic mother.

Comments

Tell your mom, after you change your number again and don't give it to her, she can date him.

Does she understand what happened? Must not if she would do that.

You'd be surprised. I don't know how many times I've heard of an abuse victim's parents siding with the abuser, either because they think their OWN CHILD is lying, or because they think their child is overrating or being too harsh. A friend of a friend of mine hasn't spoken to her mother in almost 5 years because she left her abusive husband and the mother thought she was being "immature" for "walking out" on on him. Sometimes we see her mother and her ex-husband having coffee together. It's sad. :(

15- Don't underestimate the power of denial, it's not just a river in Egypt. :p

There is a quote I love that says "God gave us friends to apologize for our families." Seems fitting here.

mangoboy1 19

thats what i was thinking. A restraining order could be placed in effect so he cannot be near you and have any contact with you. If he does then jail time for his ass. Now as for your mom, she is an idiot for what she did, and i'd sit her down and tell her that your ex doesn't deserve any second chance for the hell he put you through, and for what she did now has caused you to lack trust in her..or something along those lines..if all else fails..just change the number again like everyone says and don't even let your own mother know it until she understands..

olpally 32

Get another new number and don't tell your mom what it is. That's ****** up! Stand your ground op!

There is a special place in hell for men who abuse women. It's right between the animal abusers and the men who think they look good in spandex shorts.

LuckBeNimble 19

but...but, I DO look good in them! I swear!

what about guys in speedos? do they count? or mankinis..

diablodeldragoon 6

where in hell do child abusers/molesters, rapist, stupid ppl go?

The special hell. Along with people who talk in movie theaters.

Abuse and another chance?Are you kidding me? Those two words should never be used in the same sentence.And why does you're mom want you to stay with him? I hope your mom realizes that what she did was wrong! What happens if you get killed by him? I wonder if you lost hope in your mom.

You just used "abused" and "another chance" in the same sentence... I applaud your bravery.

diablodeldragoon 6

blame my public school education but I believe "abuse" is a word and "another chance" is a phrase.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Sometimes moms don't know what's really going on. I'm sure explaining how bad things got would convince her to respect your decision in not giving this guy another chance.

wow! FYL OP! tell ur mom to remind her business, thats wrong, ur mom cant decide who you date. and if you were my kid id have his ass arrested