By uncleaning - 22/07/2009 23:03 - United States

Today, after I cleaned out the fridge of things that expired months ago, my roommate got angry and insisted upon pulling all the moldy dairy products out of the garbage and putting them back because "they weren't mine and I shouldn't throw out other people's food." FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 576
You deserved it 4 594

Same thing different taste

Top comments

niemann2006 0

either make sure he eats them or blend them all up into a smoothie and don't tell him what it is until he's done drinking it:)

maybe your roommate has had a bad experience with this? Nevertheless, sounds a bit crazy...

Comments

ohreally123 0

Throwing out other people's stuff is rude.

bneill 0

it may be rude but its dumb to have everyone smelled ur expired food cause ur too lazy to go through the fridge & throw it out yourself. Imagine if it was you.

It's expired food, shit-for-brains. It's not rude to toss it out, there's no reason to keep it around.

ilovedastone 0

It's actually polite. What is RUDE is when my ex-roommate wrote me a note to throw out moldy coffee (instead of just dumping it out...) while I was in another state for about a week. damn psycho

kaleid0scopeEyes 0

Its ruder to keep moldy, smelly, festering old foods in a shared fridge where it can taint the other persons good food. Nasty.

xxyahqirlmelloxx 0

I've had roommates who get mad at me for throwing out their expired food...if no one can recognize what type of food it was originally, it is definitely time to throw it out.

bneill 0

I had that same problem. I was living in a dorm with 7 other girls, who knew girls could be so disgusting. Either they ate each other's food w/out permission or they leave dirty shit around the apartment. Horrible.

ydi_bitch 0

YDI for cleaning the fridge.

Glam_fml 0

I think it is time to start looking for a new roommate. 

starburstb 0

Ohhh that's gross...hope you never ate any of his food :)

Let your roommate get sick then. Not yer problem.

HAHAHA! My sister is the same way. When my mom used to get us ice pops, she would take a handful and leave them in the fridge (not the freezer where they belong) so they wouldnt freeze. Then, months later, she still wouldnt have touched them and we would be out except for those so i would freeze and eat them and she would yell and scream at me and i hated her!!

Reminds me of my sister only with her clothes. She won't wear something for months, and once I wear it THATS when she wants to wear it XD

Ewwwwww. Time to have a roommate discussion about household duties... How irresponsible is he if he can't throw out his food when it's spoiled? And how stupid/cheap is he if he gets angry at you for tossing stuff that's no longer fit to consume and hasn't been for MONTHS?

rude, yes. but it's expired so what's the point of keeping it. is your roomate gonna even drink/eat it? what a ding dong.