By hiccups - 13/01/2013 06:15 - United States - Canton

Today, after hours of trying to put a screaming baby to sleep, she finally fell asleep in my arms. I was so happy. Then, I got the hiccups. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 699
You deserved it 2 828

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Alright teenagers, listen up. Whenever you start acting obnoxious. Just remember that your parents did THIS for you because they love you. Always remember that.

I feel you. I got mine to sleep last night then exploded into a massive coughing fit. Gah.

Comments

You think a dead baby is a joke dude? Yeah no wonder it explains much about you as a person...

strawberrywine22 30

People in general are strange. You're sick.

The fun part here is that I didn't even need to make an inapropriate joke to offend people. Just by referencing all hell breaks loose.

It's actually a valid point. When my first kid was born, our pediatrician told us that when she had her first, she kept telling herself "Don't throw the baby against the wall. Don't throw the baby against the wall." It sounds horrible, but until you've been chronically sleep deprived for weeks with a tiny helpless creature constantly yelling at you, you say and do very strange things.

TheDrifter 23

I know that feeling Doc. My first were triplets and I worked a four on, four off shift in the oil patch. The moment I got home, my wife would give me a big hug, a to do list and then flee the house so that she could get some sleep.

That is why you always take the batteries out then return it to the hospital for malfunction.

tj5810 21

If only it were that easy. =)

I know, right? Like, I didn't even get full price back.

On the bright side, the hiccups will distract you from the inevitable screaming to follow!

The smoke got me! I got bronchitis! Ain't nobody got time for that!

Schizomaniac 24

I'm surprised no one has posted their ridiculous hiccup remedies that they swear by. "Drink 3 sips of water, each a bit longer than the one before it. Then stand on your head and punch yourself in the face while wearing ancient tribal clothing."

Actually, a brother of a friend, of a distant relative of a nephew of mine told me that works.

I highly recommend going outside naked, helicopter your penis three times, then run straight into the street and play chicken with a bus, it works everytime.

fat_snooki_lol 6

All the other remedies are wives tales. Take 1 tablespoon of vinegar. It works. Don't forget to thank me.

Anything will work if it takes enough time for the hiccups to naturally go away.

greaseknight 7

Spoon full of sugar actually stops hiccups (not on babies) but hopefully that can help next time. ( the sugar shocks the brain from sending the random signal to your diaphragm)