By Anonymous - 21/06/2012 17:43 - Canada - Toronto

Today, after having been constipated for ages, I finally forced out a week's worth of build-up. The excruciating pain reduced me to tears, and my boyfriend refused to drive me to the hospital, because according to him, I must have had anal sex with someone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 805
You deserved it 3 067

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sunako_fml 9

You boyfriend is an idiot for assuming like that..

That's pretty bad for him to assume something like that.

Comments

RedPillSucks 31

You should be concerned of his apparent expertise in this area. Ask him if that was what it was like for him after his first time or did this happen after repeated "use"

Tell him you did it with him while he was asleep. He'd probably believe you. He sounds like an idiot!

Damn that is ****** up.... The shit was so big it made you cry, son of a bitch it must of been like giving birth through your butt hole.

flashback.miss 28

what an arschloch.... imagine if you had blue waffle. Hopefully he's your ex now and you'll pick up someone who's more intelligent and sympathetic. Didn't he know of your um.. preexisting condition?If so, kick him to the curb with an exta powerful falcon kick.

Constipation hurts from the waist down. Excruciating. When you get home with the enema and suppositories they are sure to give you crap all over his side of the bed and say the anal sex with the bigger guy must have loosed you up and leave the suspicious jerk. You are probably only a short time away from being battered by him.

It took me a few tries to fully comprehend your comment. Commas would've helped... just a little :)

Am I the only one who think that going to the hospital over this is absurd?

DrownedMyFish 18

Constipation can lead to very serious problems. If you are in tears while you are trying to drop a duece, go to the hospital.

Constipation can kill you when it leads to an empaction It backs up in your system and you can actually start vomiting your own crap.

TheVelocirabbit 10

A weeks worth in one is very dangerous, actually. Also (just a guess) it could turn into internal bleeding, which is also very dangerous.

Serious constipation can be a sign of IBS/contribute to it, which is a nightmare in itself; prolonged constipation can eventually kill you. If you're constipated more than a few days, you need to get medical attention before something bad happens.

Changes in bowel and bladder habits following a period of low back pain can be a symptom of cauda equina, which is a medical emergency. We don't have the full picture here, but in general extreme changes in visceral function are worth investigation.

LogicalThinking 0

I total agree with you- as Dane Cook said, we're all gonna die, we're all gonna lie, and we all take painful s***ts. You bite down, clench and pray it ends soon. If its reoccurring, you go to a gastro. An ER visit shouldn't really happen unless it's bleeding significantly or something equally concerning.

Even if it were suspected diverticular disease? Or a bowel stricture? Or bowel obstruction? A section of avascular necrotising bowel? Those are life threatening situations.

KiddNYC1O 20

Did you have to quote Dane Cook? Watch your back.

LogicalThinking 0

No - I'm with you on that. Agree it's serious but if it's the first time, it's prob not ER worthy...

And a lot of people don't know you can be having bowel movements and still be constipated. You may not be getting everything out you need too. I was having severe stomach pain and spasms in my back and legs. Diagnoses? Constipation. I was completely shocked because I had been going to the bathroom.

...... UGHHHH!!!! I made a post at the very end of the FML (just posted it) saying that I think it's totally absurd. I, in fact, become severely constipated for one to two weeks at a time, and I have excruciating pain in my bowels EVERY DAY, and especially during bowel movements, not COUNTING the anal fissures that occur when your ass is too dry and your dump rips it right open.... This has been going on for YEARS with me, my doctor says its simply IBS or generalized IBD (no official disease diagnosis was given for this), aggravated by my medication, nothing more. So, uh, yeah, it's ******* absurd to go to the hospital for something that people like me have to suffer through for EVERY DAMN DAY of their lives. Mmkay? :/ .............

LogicalThinking 0

Yes- but as you said before, we don't have the full picture and are generally accompanying other symptoms that would probably have been mentioned if it was any of those- diverticular disease almost always presents with bleeding. Bowel strictures and obstructions normally present with distention and vomiting- my point is NOT that the OP doesn't have a serious illness, but that if it turns out to be nothing more than a bad diet decision, she could be easily in debt of 25k depending on how she was treated and if she was admitted.

Anal fissures are excruciating, nevermind if said fissures become infected...

mhopper 13

I agree. Just go to your regular doctor or see a gastroenterologist. ER is a bit extreme. YDI if it's been almost a week and you didn't try a laxative, activia, or a suppository (they sell those in drug stores). ER is for EMERGENCIES. People tend to forget that.

Call an ambulance. Go to the hospital. Get treated. Get better. Go home. Shit on the ass hole's pillow. Pack your things. Leave. Never come back. Don't return his calls.

Why call an ambulance for constipation? It is not an immediate life threatening injury or illness that necessitates an ambulance. This is one of the many reasons the cost of healthcare is astronomical. Let me call an ambulance for a stubbed toe when there's 3 working cars in the driveway an people that can drive them. I run these kinds of calls more than true emergencies. And no, they don't pay the bills.

mhopper 13

Better off calling a taxi! Ambulances are not taxis!!!

DrownedMyFish 18

Lol Sounds like you're in a pretty SHITTY relationship! But seriously break up with him. I wish there was a "you deserve better button".