Thoughts and prayers

By bad blood, no shit - 03/12/2011 01:35 - United States

Today, my husband and I went to my overbearing mom's 57th birthday party. He opened his gift in front of her and said smugly, "The makeup's for your face, and the prayer book's for the fat rolls." Any hope of family peace is now lost. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 313
You deserved it 3 794

Same thing different taste

Comments

ok so you went to your mom's birthday. However your boyfriend opened a gift in front of his mother-in-law...why are you dating a married man and why is his mother-in-law at your moms birthday ... YDI for being dumb

He is pointing out how such a ridiculously worded fml made it to the site

Ahaha. Okay kids, come gather around and Mommy Sirin will tell you a story. The wife took the husband to her mother's birthday party. Her mother is indicated to be the husband's mother-in-law. Obviously, the husband has a grudge against his mother-in-law (who doesn't) and formulated a stupid insult. That is how it is obviously meant to be, except the daft OP either meant "future mother-in-law", or for some reason said "boyfriend" instead. Clear? Why don't we change it to what I guess the OP must have meant.

Damn it, I wish I could thumb up Mommy Sirin's last comment.

perdix 29

#12, I'm with you! For anyone thinking of thumbing down poor Holli611, the FML originally said "boyfriend" instead of "husband." I keep asking the folks at FML is they could make a editor's note if they substantially change a story once it's been published. For example, "'Boyfriend' changed to 'husband' at 10:35." C'mon!

I can't help but be a little suspicious; you don't often mix up "husband" and "boyfriend". And a boyfriend with a future mother-in-law is often a fiancé. There's not often a direct jump from boyfriend to husband...so even a recently married person is more likely to accidentally say "fiancé" than "boyfriend" when talking about a new husband. Of course, none of that has ANYTHING to do with the actual POINT of the FML...which is the fact that there's a lot of bad blood in OP's family, and she's stuck in the middle of it. And that really IS a FYL.

This has to be one of the most ******-up FML's ever published.

And this foot is for your ass. Haha OP didn't you realize your boyfriend has the social etiquette of a 7 year old?

I wonder if educators ever read FMLs like this and think, "I completely wasted my life..."?

In short, yes. Although really what I deplore is trying to teach students a foreign language when they are incapable of speaking/writing their first in a coherent manner.

Did she thank him with a nice gracious kick in the nuts?

perdix 29

You don't get the "-in-law" part of mother-in-law. Your mom is not your boyfriend's mother-in-law until you get married -- then you will be considered a family by law. See how that works? If you do marry this guy, I don't think you'll be seeing much of your mom. You seem to be stuck between a doucherock and a hard doucheplace.

perdix 29

Wait a second!!! Originally, it said "boyfriend,"not "husband." Unless you know that, most of the comment wouldn't make sense. The last sentence still rocks!

Gregsgirl4ever 0

It says husband. Maybe the earlier post was a mistake. Maybe they are newlyweds.

seximexi911 10

Wow. I hope you dumped his ass. No sane girl should let anyone talk to their mom like that

Your boyfriend doesn't think before he acts, does he? I just wonder what your mom's face looked like... Like this? *rage face*

Ahhh the common family bad blood. Fistfights and drinking, cursing and ambulances. Sounds like an episode of Angry Beavers