This is fine

By toosmall - 23/10/2016 21:27

Today, I got a $60 parking ticket for not paying the $2.50 pay-to-park fee. I checked my bank records, which proved that I'd paid the fee, for the correct space too. The problem is the fine is too small to contest in traffic court. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 868
You deserved it 913

Same thing different taste

Top comments

There should be a phone number that u may complain about the ticket, I'd probably try and call.

Show them the receipt you had for parking if you have it...that usually voids the ticket...

Comments

Do not pay it, let it reach hundreds with late fees. then take it to court.

Normally there is a checkbox on there that you can deny it was you or something like that, and send them in the proof that you paid it.

60 dollars is high. It can get you a new video game for your Xbox.

No traffic/parking violation is too small for traffic court you can request a hearing, it's you're right.

Don't pay it, wait until they take your license and then go and contest that.

Can't you just fight it in a small-claims court?

Right now it might be too small, but you reacted and asked and they told you that, document who told you that with date and time, document every contact with those who issued the wrong ticket. Tell them about the payment and that you will not pay for an incorrect parking ticket, since you have proof! Print out your proof. Keep your documents prepared. take care OP.

depending on how the laws work where you are, leave it until it becomes large enough to contest in court