The dress is lit

By Laura - This FML is from back in 2010 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I saw a small child take a really bad fall off his scooter, so I got rid of my cigarette and ran to help him. I asked him if he was alright, or if I could walk him to his house. He replied "I'm okay, but your dress is on fire." It was. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 722
You deserved it 17 684

Top comments

greatnt249 0

Never mind the fact that the OP was actually trying to do something nice for someone, yet all you can do is focus on the fact that she was smoking. In my experience, those who are excessively dogmatic turn out to be the biggest hypocrites.

Comments

I was just waiting for all the people saying "YDI for smoking." Why do people have to be like that? Sure, it's a bad habit, but is it any of your business whether people are going to smoke or not? No. Get off of your high horses, and join us in the real world. Everyone has their vices, be it food, alcohol, drugs, sex, etc., etc. OP was trying to do something nice, and potentially help a hurt little kid. Maybe you guys should focus on that. And OP, next time maybe try to drop your cigarette somewhere in front of you, and step on it while you run or something? Or just flick it further away.

Yeah, there's no reasoning with the self-righteous. I'm a smoker, and I know full well what it does to me, and you know what? I DON'T CARE. If I'm smoking in my own home, or outside, or in a smoking section somewhere, leave me the **** alone and let me make my own decisions. Plain and simple. You don't like it? Go somewhere else.

I'm the direct cause? Maybe you shouldn't jump to conclusions. If I'm around a non-smoker, I'll ask first if they mind if I smoke. If they say they don't, then it falls on them. It's not my responsibility to make sure other people are looking out for their health. I'd they don't want to be around it, then so be it. I'll go outside, or wait, if need be. But if they don't mind the second-hand smoke, that's not my fault.

eve28 0

smoking kills throw that cancer stick away!!!

in vancouver people hate smokers and you know what I do? I smoke where I want and when I want and I don't care what people say.... Good on you op for going to the kid and trying to help

bebz_fml 0

This post isn't about you so shut up. You're not cool.

SuicidalxDream 0
Froley 0

Hahaha. I didn't see that coming. xD YDI, but it's funny at least..

Good on you for doing the right thing anyway.

greatnt249 0

Spicy McHaggis...one helluva guy! EDIT: Never mind, you don't smoke nearly as much as Spicy.

banananut 0

so even though OP was trying to help a little kid that was hurt, she deserves it because she smokes? so does that mean everyone in the world that drinks or smokes or has sex before marriage deserves all the bad things that happen to them? like none of you who said "YDI for smoking" have some bad habits. grow up, people smoke. and for all we know OP could have been having her monthly cigarette. i know a lot of people that smoke every once in a while just for the hell of it. (sorry if this is a double post)

banananut 0

yeah, genius. thank you for ******* enlightening me. i think i get the point. no need to beat it to death.

SuicidalxDream 0
terror_twins 0

Well her dress wouldn't have been on fire if she hadn't been smoking. hahaha. So this really is because she was smoking. It was her fault.

She does NOT deserve it because she was smoking. She should have paid more attention to where she flicked it, but because she was smoking? No.