The dress is lit

By Laura - This FML is from back in 2010 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I saw a small child take a really bad fall off his scooter, so I got rid of my cigarette and ran to help him. I asked him if he was alright, or if I could walk him to his house. He replied "I'm okay, but your dress is on fire." It was. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 722
You deserved it 17 684

Top comments

greatnt249 0

Never mind the fact that the OP was actually trying to do something nice for someone, yet all you can do is focus on the fact that she was smoking. In my experience, those who are excessively dogmatic turn out to be the biggest hypocrites.

Comments

Maybe this was God's way of telling you it's time to quit. I quit smoking 7 months ago it's hard but I had my kids' health to motivate me.

YouSuckAtLove 0

how did you get rid of the cigarette? shove it in your dress? the usual way is throw it off the curb

you anti smoker's should drink a nice tall glass of stfu. keep the smoking going.

**** all you smoking Nazis. Everyone of you anti smoking nazis should be carted into a room filled with smoke and left there to die. your hypocrisies make you far worse than any smoker I have ever met and you sound just like Hitler who was the first person to throw stones at smokers. Oh and if you think smoking is so nasty then why the **** are you drinking water, it has more chemicals in it than cigarettes yet your dumbasses are still drinking it?

Um.. do you want to DIE or something? Your cells are 70% water, you can't go 3 days without water, and those chemicals are added so we don't get sick from drinking the water. Where the hell did you get the idea that water is BAD for you?

daltreix 3

lol i kinda agree except that last part ruined your whole "speech"... we NEED water, we dont need smokes. As for all you anti smokers, i dont smoke myself and i personally hate cigarettes, but seriously, i kno tons of th enicest people, and they smoke. Plus the OP just gave up her cigarette to help someone. she could of just walked away and kept puffing. And maybe she doesn't smoke very often. Don't be so quick to judge, people. Think!!!

daltreix 3

the nicest people* lol my damn iphone >.>