Thanks for the support!

By selfesteemloss - 10/08/2013 23:41 - Spain - Barcelona

Today, I was flirting with a cute bartender on my last day in Spain. It was going well until we somehow got onto the topic of how I was recently dumped by my boyfriend of 3 years via Facebook. He spent the next 5 minutes laughing and telling his coworkers how hilarious that was. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 249
You deserved it 8 993

Same thing different taste

Top comments

RedFox29 10

Was it one of them awkward moments where he spoke Spanish but you could understand every bit of it?

It always grinds my gears when I hear about people dumping others via message. Tell them in person if possible. Sorry to hear about the touchy subject being brought up. At least you'll probably never see them again.

Comments

It's okay OP. Just laugh with them, jokes on him.

Okay, jokes not on ops ex for being a pathetic douche bag..sorry FML!

When you said "jokes on him" most people assumed you meant the bartender and not the ex. A little bit of rephrasing goes a long way!

Jokes on both of them really, he could have not been rude about something OP had no control over..

RedFox29 10

Was it one of them awkward moments where he spoke Spanish but you could understand every bit of it?

It always grinds my gears when I hear about people dumping others via message. Tell them in person if possible. Sorry to hear about the touchy subject being brought up. At least you'll probably never see them again.

Why? If you're breaking up with someone you usually aren't going to retain good feelings for them, so why would you go out of your way to pay that respect? Sometimes breakups are messy and you literally never want to see someone's face again for as long as you live, much less in the very near future.

Why pay that respect? Oh I don't know, perhaps because most people aren't heartless bastards like you and may actually have cared for their now-exes at some point and still want to behave like an actual human being instead of like a complete asshole. Just a thought.

bandeek 30

My ex cheated on me, and i wasn't going to see him for a few months. I tried to call a few times but he ignored me every time. So I dumped him over text.

Epikouros 31

Sorry, Daiyuki, this isn't working out. I want to stop seeing you. It's not me, it's you. I hope you'll find someone who likes dating an asshole.

27 - Exactly. If you can't, for some reason, meet up in person, then at least a phone call is better. By text or by Internet is a cop out for people who are too cowardly to be honest to someone's face - and if you're too much of a coward for that? You shouldn't be dating. I can see if you've been dating someone for like a week breaking up with them by phone, but once you've been together longer than that, you owe them the courtesy of a face to face meeting. It's just polite that way. My ex had done some pretty horrible things to me (like spiking my drinks at a party so I would get completely wasted so he could play out some creepy rape fantasy without my knowledge - my friend caught on and stopped it, thankfully). I had him meet me in a public place, where my parents were nearby - buy out of earshot - and broke up with him in person because despite the fact that he had been horrid towards the end, I liked him once, and I felt I owed him an explanation even though he'd been in the wrong. I dated him for about a year (I was 17-18). I've been with my current boyfriend for eight years now, and if, for some reason, I had to break up with him (I have no reason to, I'm happy), I would do it in person because eight years of your life is worth more than a text message.

klutchh4 9

Well thats a sign hes obviously not a good choice. Theres a lot of fish in the sea OP (:

ApollosMyth 22

Yea, but 90% of them aren't on her rung of the food chain.

Well, at least you know what kind of person he was. Also, he's just a bartender, sorry to all bartenders who may read this, but not all bartenders are as sweet as they look and he is a definite shitpancake.

Props to you for saying shitpancake. I'm more of a shartwaffle kind of person.

I couldn't never think of something that creative, and shitlord was taken.

This is not kind of him, but you should've kept it to yourself, especially if you were flirting with him ! I don't think he had to know.

mkid232 15

Yeah how would that exactly go? "Oh, you're such a cute bartender. So handy with those bottles. IT REMINDS ME OF MY SICK BOYFRIEND WHO DUMPED ME ON FACEBOOK!"

YDI for dumping someone via Facebook.

I misread it the first time as well. Dot be so critical

I don't know how to read sometimes too. Then I bend over and wait for the FML community to kick my ass.

That's a very rude and inconsiderate thing to do. Maybe he isn't the right guy.

Word of advice, never bring up past relationships when flirting with someone. Especially the details of you being dumped and how it happened. It makes you look desperate and pathetic. You're welcome.