Thanks for the help

By PineapplePizza - 15/08/2016 07:41 - United States - Irwin

Today, I should be starting my last year of college next week. But no. My old advisor messed up my schedule so badly that there's no way I'll graduate for another year. So I'll be in school five years for a four year program because as a freshman I thought my advisor was helping me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 843
You deserved it 1 390

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Make your dumbass advisor pay for your tuition, because that's not right. Messing up that badly isn't something u should let slide tho

Maybe your old advisor could have used an extra year of college. FYL OP, that sounds so shitty.

Comments

That happened to my sister so she just got what she needed and dropped out

Jachin357 28

I know how you feel OP. Where I go to school, my advisor told me I had a class that was only B term and gave me the date when the class started. When I went to my new class, thinking it was only B term, I was told that the class was both A and B term and I failed the class because I was misinformed on my schedual and from what my advisor told me. it screwed up my GPA and i was fined for the class.

I think many of you are making unwarranted assumptions. When I was in college, my major offered two options, one being the standard program with published requirements. The other option allowed a customized program, which needed the approval of your academic advisor. I found out near the end of my fourth year that he had given me incorrect information, and I would need to take additional courses. This was not information I could have read. Since I had nothing in writing, there was nothing I could do but attend for a fifth year.

Because of seriously bad advice from a councilor I spent 5 years at a school as a TRANSFER student. Should have been 2 yrs there. Be glad you've only got 1 bonus year.

You should be able to report that to the dean or the higher-ups.

I feel you, OP. I had a similar experience when I was getting my Associate. Problem was, it wasn't just one counselor. I seeked help from 4 different ones and they all gave me the exact same schedule. On my last quarter I went to apply to graduate, one of the same counselors told me the schedule system that they used was actually outdated for my particular degree and I'll need an extra quarter to complete all the courses. Even more ****** up is the financial office won't be paying this "extra quarter" despite me writing letters to explain the circumstance. FYL and FML.

randybryant799 20

This sounds a bit off. For four years you have not realized there was a problem?