Stylish

By Anonymous - 23/12/2012 05:01 - Canada

Today, I received my soccer team jacket that I ordered a month ago. Trying to save money, I'd selected the "No name" option to avoid an extra $20 embroidering fee. My jacket now has "NO NAME" spelled out on the side of it, and I was charged the extra $20 dollars after all. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 843
You deserved it 7 918

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You'd think people would realize... or they did, and it was just a prank on their part. FYL OP but there's no one you can go talk to about a refund and/or new jacket?

Refund? Clarify with the person who orders the team jacket

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

You'd think people would realize... or they did, and it was just a prank on their part. FYL OP but there's no one you can go talk to about a refund and/or new jacket?

Or at least get them to remove the stitching and refund your money.

Refund? Clarify with the person who orders the team jacket

If you wrote no name in the name field YDI. If it was a box to check, or area that clearly specifies you didn't want a name on the back you STILL deserve it for not noticing the charge at checkout.

that's usually not the way it works though. for our soccer team our coach just took our sizes and we gave him checks/cash and he bought them all in bulk through a shop that gets stuff straight from Nike. I don't envision OP's scenario being too different than mine in high school, so I wouldn't really call it YDI for that...

Good call, wasn't thinking about it being ordered that way, and it's also how we ordered stuff for HS sports. However, that would mean someone else obviously made the error or really thinks OP's name is no name. The fact those assholes still made him pay for it + the extra $20 is the true FYL of the story

yep, and that's exactly what my comment was. either it was an asshat to stupid to realize or an asshole who realized and did it anyway... either way FYL to OP just for the $20!

Well if op ordered the coat through his his hs coach with a cheque then he probably gave him a cheque for the exact amount needed to purchase the jacket. So I don't see how he would possibly lose $ 20

I wouldn't necessarily rule it out that the coach wouldn't cover the $20 when picking them up and collect from OP later. I only say it because that's exactly what my coach in high school would have done (and did do)

When I got stuff for sports, I didn't pay until the product came in. Much like other posters said, the coach would order them. So there is a chance op didn't know the extra charge was there until the jacket arrived. Usually with enough of complaining you can get the company to make it right though. There are a few big companies that most schools and teams use for everything including graduation stuff and class rings. They really don't want to lose an entire school to the competition.

That Sucks!! Call up and clarify and make them fix it

insertnameherr 11

people might think it's ironic..

chocolemonade 6

unrelated but I'm digging the Tom Daley pic ;)

You'll probably have people calling you "No Name" from now on.

I would send it back, and demand a free replacement.

Complain to the manufacturer until you get free merchandise?

Squirt lemon juice in people's eyes?

BellaBelle_fml 23

…make coffee. Then sit back and watch as the world wonders how you did it.

well, a guy with a jacket that says ''no name'' is not a guy I will forget quickly, so people will recognize you and stuff! :) but what was your name again...