By Anonymous - 21/10/2009 02:15 - United States

Today, I decided to take a personal day from class and e-mailed all of my profs saying I had flu symptoms. While standing in line at Starbucks later, someone behind me says "Glad you're feeling better. Hope you can attend class tomorrow, we'll discuss lying." It was my Ethics professor. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 863
You deserved it 59 555

Same thing different taste

Top comments

alorra 0

Oh, the irony. Your ethics must be taking a sick day, too. *cough* *sneeze* Start sniffling and tell him that a Pumpkin Spice Latte really clears your congestion. :] OR, punch him in the face and run.

Comments

alorra 0

Eh, some people need personal days to retain their sanity, though I don't think the lie was very intelligent.

Yes, maybe you shouldv'e just said you couldn't attend? Why do people lie, geez, it's not like they really care about your life.

yeah. you maybe could have said you had to take care of some very sick relative for the day or something, that way if he caught you at starbucks you weren't necessarily lying - you weren't the sick one. ydi

laura_love 0

who cares if you miss college classes? it's not high school. you have every right to just not go! but lying about it was dumb.

To be fair, the dude said he had flu simptoms, not the flu. They could've easily just gone away and he couldn't be bothered to go to college past that point.

bbygirlStL 0

Actually I'm in college and we are only allowed to miss 3 days for every class. So you are absolutely correct, you do have very right to "just not go". However you can and more than likely will be dropped from the class - so it's a huge waste of money. But agreed with most of the comments here, you didn't have to lie. As long as you haven't missed many classes you don't even have to give them a reason. A simple "I will not be able to attend class today" would have worked.

Reyo 2

I couldn't show up for English class one day because I was meeting a couple of friends who were in town for that one day. The next time I went to class, the guy didn't even notice I was gone. He was all "What? Oh. Well I dunno, there was a power point." Going out of your way to get away with something you shouldn't be doing only makes it harder for you to get away with that thing.

kmfyr 0

#70, your school doesn't have ethics classes? Sucks to be at your school. Those classes are a whole lot of fun. D:

why wasn't the ethics teacher at school teaching???

JKr3slEMO 5

aww the dog is so cute*-*

Yeah but you can get stuff like coffee or tea to help you feel better?

spyderman2190 0

professors go out too dumbass u shoulda stay inside

Oh, the irony. Your ethics must be taking a sick day, too. *cough* *sneeze* Start sniffling and tell him that a Pumpkin Spice Latte really clears your congestion. :] OR, punch him in the face and run.

"Hey did you punch me in the face and run yesterday at starbucks?" "Nope, I was at home with the flu. *sniff*" It's air tight!!!

This is why you go out to Starbucks when you know they're in the middle of a class, not when they're probably on a break.

kmfyr 0

That's when OP runs into his/her psychology professor, who then says, "Glad you're feeling better. Hope you can attend class tomorrow, we'll discuss the motivation behind lying."

LemonadePink 0

Meh, who doesn't skip class though? No big deal. You payed to be in that class so he should shut it. You are paying for HIS Starbucks.

voveraite 7

Um, are we sure OP is in college and not in school? Because if he/she is in high-school, they are probably NOT paying the professor :|. I don't know though, isn't public schooling for free in Texas/US ?

Yes it's most likely college beacause students in high school usually don't call their teachers "professor."

lmmmr 0

Because they are not professors. They are teachers. And Ethics is a very common college course, and a very very rare highschool course.

raiderh808 0

still, if you pay taxes, you are paying for the grade school teacher's salary.

I just like to say that if any student ever says, "Well, I pay your salary, so you can't do that!" to a professor, that they deserve any failing grade they may receive after that.

77 stfu teachers wouldn't HAVE a job without students, dumbass.

No, but they can decide on your final grade.

@ #77 And you wouldn't have an education. Although whoever was part of yours may need to try a bit harder next time.

picturetaker 0

I'm sure it was worth it though. I would have done the same.

turkeyburger 0

i gave you a thumbs up. not very often you come across 1 you moderated. ppl who gave thumbs down like cum in their bum.