This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

Son, I am disappoint.

By Anonymous - 01/04/2017 04:00

Today, I found out that my favorite employee doesn't actually like his job at our company. He confessed that he's working here just to use the routine drug test policy as a way to stay clean. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 662
You deserved it 490

Top comments

ashilyy24 8

Give him props for trying to keep his life straight. ?

Most people stay at jobs they hate. Why do you think they need to pay us?

Comments

ashilyy24 8

Give him props for trying to keep his life straight. ?

Most people stay at jobs they hate. Why do you think they need to pay us?

I hope you told him this. Might convince him to stay, if he wants to leave eventually.

Sad to hear that, OP. Still, good on him for making the effort to stay clean.

Give him a raise or make his job better.

species4872 19

Very few people will actually ever have a job that they truly enjoy. Your employee is dedicated, for whatever reason, cant ask for more then that.

So? I don't like my job either. I only work there for the paycheck and the insurance.

I think that is commendable that he is making such an effort to stay clean. I don't think you should be disappointed in him but it is disappointing to hear he doesn't enjoy his work. still he's your favourite employee for a reason.

SchlomoTheGrinch 18

Maybe find out what you can do to help him enjoy the job? That way, he can stay clean and also find himself growing in other ways, all through the circumstances you create for him.

That strategy would work better if he cared about getting fired, but if he doesn't like the job anyway...