Snarky and brave

By Stop being healthy - 22/04/2017 22:00

Today, and every other day this week, I brought carrots and celery into work to eat as a snack instead of chocolate. I got back from lunch to find a note on my desk saying, "Do you really think it's OK to eat carrots and celery that loudly every day?" Guess I won't try to be healthy. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 470
You deserved it 823

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Cut them up into bite size pieces to dull the worst of the noise, and give your neighbors earplugs? Outside of that, look into quieter healthy snacks like raw broccoli, cherry tomatoes, cucumber spears, bell pepper strips... there's quite a lot of variety! Consider adding a serving of hummus or peanut butter as a dip to your snacks for protein. Preshelled and halved nuts are healthy. You can even eat trail mix as long as you moderate the dried fruit and candies in it. Heck, roasted chickpeas are pretty good, and have a decent amount of protein. There are options if you are that concerned about being rude to your neighbors.

Druu 53

Figure out who it is. Leave them a note: "Bitch, your potato chips are deafening." Petty and passive aggressive? I know how to play that game!

Comments

Cut them up into bite size pieces to dull the worst of the noise, and give your neighbors earplugs? Outside of that, look into quieter healthy snacks like raw broccoli, cherry tomatoes, cucumber spears, bell pepper strips... there's quite a lot of variety! Consider adding a serving of hummus or peanut butter as a dip to your snacks for protein. Preshelled and halved nuts are healthy. You can even eat trail mix as long as you moderate the dried fruit and candies in it. Heck, roasted chickpeas are pretty good, and have a decent amount of protein. There are options if you are that concerned about being rude to your neighbors.

Druu 53

Figure out who it is. Leave them a note: "Bitch, your potato chips are deafening." Petty and passive aggressive? I know how to play that game!

species4872 19

Go rent a rabbit costume, see how they like it then.

People will complain about absolutely every-damn-thing. Tell them to get headphones. The note was rude and put there by chickens.

Why should they get headphones? They're at WORK. I get annoyed by obnoxious people chewing loudly too, and it's not my fault they're assholes

I have misophonia. Hearing someone crunching carrots every day would make me homicidal.

Try raisins - you can get them in big bags for baking, quiet to eat, fruit, and they keep forever if you seal the bag with a clip.

Raisins are packed with sugar. One small box has over 20 grams of sugar. 1/4 of a cup (the recommended serving size) contains 29 grams of sugar. That's only 4 less than a can of Coca Cola. Their also horrible for your teeth.

Yeah, all fruit contains a significant amount of sugar. I'm not sure why that's a bad thing as long as you're brushing your teeth etc.

neuronerd 28

I was unaware that the only snacks in the world were chocolate or carrots and celery.

New science shows that carrots and celery are the only truly healthy foods.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

You didn't read this fml at all, did you?

FenderM 5

I have misophonia. Someone insisting on eating only crunchy snacks at the desk every day would make me miserable (and murderous). Make sure you're eating with your mouth shut. You'd be surprised how few people actually do that as a habit. And switch it up. There's lots of healthy snacks, and plenty that won't loudly crunch. Again, make sure you're eating slowly enough and with your mouth shut.

Wah. Put earplugs in. People are allowed to eat healthy if they want to.

Sure, people are allowed to eat healthily - but not if it's disturbing their coworkers. It's possible to eat healthy snacks and not be a noisy obnoxious ass.

species4872 19

I would eat stuff like that just to piss you guys off.

I think this can either be a FML or YDI depending on the circumstances... If you are loudly munching - like, properly gnawing - on carrots and celery at your desk throughout the day then I can understand your coworker, especially if it is otherwise a really quiet office environment. Those snacks can be loud, and like clicking a ballpoint pen it is a sound that just gets on your nerves. Though it is still immature to write a note instead of talking to you. However, if it was eaten in the lunch/break room or during lunch/snack times, then you have every right to eat what you want.

If other people can hear you, you are chomping way too noisy.