Snark

By Anonymous - 04/04/2009 14:03 - United States

Today, I was fixing my makeup in the back room of the office when my boss walked in. He looked kind of annoyed so I jokingly said, "Don't you want your secretary to look good?" He said, "If I did, I wouldn't have hired you." FML
I agree, your life sucks 62 696
You deserved it 14 367

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well to be fair that was a bit too flirtatious if you don't have a relationship with him outside the office. But that was a huge slap across the face, FYL. Look at it on the bright side, you could always get back at him about his smarts later on. He left the door open. ;) PS I feel all warm and fuzzy inside when I see there's no "FIRST!!" comment.

Comments

Technically, your comment could be construed as sexual harrassment, as if you're assuming he's the kind of guy who hired you for your looks. And, bathrooms are where you go to fix your makeup. Then you can use the, "I went in to pee, noticed my eyeliner was smudged, and quickly fixed it." Where you went, it's pretty clear you went there specifically to fix your makeup.

well maybe he hired you for another reason.

deliciouskaek 1

Try not putting on makeup at your desk? It's a job, not a MAC counter.

TryToBeKind 0

YDI. a) don't fish for compliments and b) do your damned job, I'd love a job as a secretary but no one in my area is hiring right now - they're filled with jeans-wearing, gum-snapping trash who acts rude to everyone who comes into the office.

eschreib 0

do your make up before work