Sister of the year

By not my fault you got knocked up - 09/08/2020 20:02

Today, my older sister threw an epic tantrum, demanding that my parents not pay for my 21st birthday trip. She insists it’s not fair for them to gift me a trip, since she didn’t get to celebrate her 21st. She didn’t get to celebrate because she was pregnant. Now my mom wants to reconsider. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 335
You deserved it 189

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I do agree that her life decisions should not affect yours. There is no such thing as fair. You both are adults and should act like it. It sounds like your parents have spoiled you both.

I am kind of on the fence about this tbh. 1. If your parents didn't celebrate her birthday at ALL just because she was pregnant, that seems like top level douchery. She's pregnant, not dead, it just means she can't drink. 2. What kind of trip are they gifting you? If they did nothing at all for her and are giving you a $5000 Hawaiian vacation, I would be ******* pissed too, even if it's totally a person's choice on how they spend their money, really obvious favouritism is never going to go over well... 3. Throwing a tantrum at however old she is, isn't pretty regardless of the situation, so she needs to dial it down about 100 notches. So yeah, I feel like I need a little more info here.

Comments

Well seriously at 21 you can pay for your own trip.

Why should your parents pay for a birthday trip for you? You are an adult, pay for it. If they want to help, YAY.