Shot

By Anonymous - 20/11/2015 20:13 - United States - Las Vegas

Today, while driving home, I saw a cop with a speed gun "hidden" by the side of the road. I went to slow down so the fuck-knob wouldn't be able to ticket me. I then had a brain-fart and floored the gas instead of hitting the brakes. Hello speeding ticket. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 044
You deserved it 29 690

Same thing different taste

Top comments

leogachi 15

I'm going to assume that you were already speeding and that's why you needed to slow down. Therefore you deserve the ticket and shouldn't be calling an officer names for doing his job.

Why is it necessary to call the officer names when you were the one in the wrong and he or she was just doing their job?

Comments

ShirtlessWonder 17

If you're trying to speed, at least know how to do it.

What, the accelerator/gas pedal moved? I doubt it. You're an idiot for speeding and then calling a cop a "**** knob" because he did his job.

"****-knob" police officer - 1 "Brain-fart" idiot - 0 I guess we all know who won this one.

spacefish966 18

Well us "****-knob" cops love giving tickets to arrogant brain dead **** ups like yourself. Speed limit's are post for safety reasons . Since I see you have no concern for yourself maybe you should respect the safety of others when you get behind the wheel.

My father always speeds, and I am always trying to convince him to stop. But "its ok, the speed limits are for bad drivers. I am a good driver. I wont kill you" or something like that. If I see cops or radars or cameras and what not, I never tell him in the hope that he won't see it and he will stop speeding.

ah yes, the speed limits set in the 1970's. Why was it safe to do 70mph on the highway then without seatbelts, airbags, abs,etc - But now with cars that can stop on a dime and filled with safety equipment, it's still not safe to travel any faster. certainly savings lives hidden behind a bush where people can't see you. A ticket in the mail two weeks later doesn't do anything.

MonstreBelle 28

27- It was never safe. Which is kind of the whole reason limits were set. Just like not wearing a seatbelt has never been safe and now people can be ticketed for not wearing one. Except when people speed, they are endangering the lives of everyone else around them, while someone who isn't wearing a seatbelt generally only endangers themselves unless their body collides with someone else. Should there just not be any punishment for breaking the law if it happened 2 weeks earlier?

that was the speed they set as it was the safest speed they believed at the time. somehow we're still stuck in the 1970s though. A ticket in the mail two weeks later doesn't stop this supposed car crash in waiting from killing someone. if it was so dangerous they'd be pulling people over, not hiding behind bushes to make more money for the state.

34- now they have hundreds of scientific studies on high velocity crashes to prove that it was never safe to go that fast back then. Even now with all the safety improvements people still keep dying in high-speed collisions so I don't think we need to go any faster.

No. The real reason for speed limits is that back when automobiles were invented, they kept killing people in the street (This is also how jaywalking became a thing; people used to be able to walk across all big streets) The companies making the vehicles started running press blaming the victims for walking in the street, and it all snowballed into the crazy traffic laws we have to deal with now. You want to blame someone, blame whoever invented your car.

#27 for some reasons you can't seem to get your head around the idea of preventive measures. Knowing you will get a ticket if you speed helps deter people from speeding, though anybody with a brain would know speeding is dangerous.

I encourage you to go check out a full-on 70mph blowout of an accident in these fancy new safe cars, #27. Once you are done puking from disgust from having seen caved in skulls and twisted, mangled corpses I invite you to revise your opinion of the safety of these vehicles. Thanks for your service, #17.

Speed doesn't kill people. Crappy drivers do. That's why 80mph is acceptable in Europe where people know how to drive, and unlimited in Germany with proper roads and drivers. "Heroes" behind bushes don't save lives. Getting people to stop hogging the over taking lane, tailgaters and actual speeding drivers (not doing 1mph over the limit) does. A fine in the mail two weeks later has NEVER saved a family from an accident nor has an accident ever occurred because of a person doing 72 on a straight stretch of road with a suspicious bush next to it.

Funniest part is he doesn't realize a cop can tell on the radar if you're hitting the breaks and they will pull you over.

@62: Well, let me tell you something. I happen to live in Germany and no, not all of our drivers are magical creatures who have the reaction time of a computer. Do you know how many little mourning altars you see beside the streets? A ******* lot of them. Because our drivers also speed alot and think they're so great and limits are for others. And then they kill other people, all.the.*******.time. So get off your high horse and think about how fast your car is going and how much force that giant metalcase has. You can kill someone by hitting them at a 30 km/h speed FYI P.S. And yes, we actually happen to have speed limits on most of our roads (yes, even the autobahn *gasp*)

62—you realize that after the cop clocks your speed, they pull you over. You are issued a ticket immediately. I'm not sure why you're under the impression the officer clocks your speed and then drops the ticket in the mail. Secondly, people with multiple moving violations have trouble getting insurance. In some cases, their licenses are revoked so they can no longer drive. Those are what we call preventative measures. Getting unsafe drivers, who refuse to change their unsafe driving habits, off the road is important for the safety of everybody. Third, are you saying tailgaters and speeders save lives or did I read that wrong? Fourth, the danger is the people who refuse to follow traffic laws—that includes those going too slow and those going too fast. I doubt OP was speeding down a deserted road with only a bush in sight. More likely is that he was speeding on the freeway or multi-lane road endangering multiple other drivers. Finally, I'm not sure if you've ever been to France or Germany, but (no offense to the FML team), the French and Germans are not exactly the paragon of good driving. But, again, it comes down to what the rest of the drivers on the road are doing. If they are doing 85 and you are doing 50, you are posing a danger.

27, where i live yesterday someone was going 70 in a 55, a family was on the same road when that speeder lost control of the car. 5 people dead. However if he was going 55, he woild have been able to stop in time, he barely wasnt able to.

'Speed doesn't kill people', wtf, 62, any shred of credibility you had was lost then. Completely. You're a retard.

62- NASCAR drivers are some of the best around. That's never kept drivers from dying. If someone gets a ticket and decides afterwards to not speed again because they don't want to pay the fine, how is that not saving lives? Please don't ever get behind the wheel. Clearly common sense isn't that common for you.

He did pull him over, that's how he got the ticket. It's usually speed cams that cause a ticket in the mail. A manned police cruiser with radar pulls you over right then and there. I don't understand this 2 week stuff in the comments, that's not the ops circumstance. In any regard, speed limits have change all through the US since the 70's. Roads weren't 70 mph in the 70's, even in the desert. Nevada had a top posted speed of 55mph everywhere in the state until 1987, according to the Nevada department of transportation. So you're not stuck with 70's speed limits, which weren't set for safety anyway. The national speed of 55 mph was based on mileage and 70's oil crisis issues/ mandates.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I read 93 comment and all I could think about is Paul Walker...

#106 I don't know how you haven't realized just how stupid you sound. There's a reason for all your downvotes and negative feedback. Take some time to reflect on your choices, sir. Have a good day.

106, what makes you retarded is that you're disregarding the kinetic energy of an object that weighs on average, around 2-3 tons, travelling at speed. So my point stands. You should get off of FML and go read a book lol.

You deserve it for calling the cop a "****-knob"

Wait, just how hard were you planning on hitting the brakes, if you hit the gas hard enough to raise your speed enough to be ticketed? Especially since cars generally accelerate much slower than they decelerate. So you're not only stupid, but dangerous to other drivers. That's awesome. Who'd you have to blow to get your driver's license?

I wish there was a way to prevent people like OP, drunk drivers, etc. from ever driving a car or any motored vehicle.

They are only doing their job. I don't feel the least bit sorry for you because it's "**** knobs" like you that speed and end up killing someone. GTFO

ironik69 31

Police have a job to do. Just because you don't respect that they are looking out for everyone's safety does not mean that they are just out to get you. Calling officers in general, since I can assume you don't personally know the officer, **** knobs is extremely sad. Public servants are just that, people that serve the entire public; not just your self centered ass.