Self-bodyshaming

By Anonymous - 01/10/2015 12:16 - United Kingdom - Milton Keynes

Today, I saw my ex-boyfriend walking down the street in my direction. I've put on a bunch of weight since we broke up, so I turned to look in the nearest shop window, hoping he wouldn't notice. Unfortunately he did see me, looking straight at a KFC. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 429
You deserved it 6 700

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That seems ridiculous. You should be proud of who you are, and you should flaunt your happiness in front of him to make him miss you. Way to go OP :)

Comments

If you're trying to avoid someone, just act like you're checking email on your phone. It makes you look busy, which is the better alternative than purposely not looking in their direction.

nitrog100 21

I wish I knew that last year. My ex and I walked past each other, and I suppose we must have spotted each other around the same time, but while she buried her head in her phone, I just awkwardly veered off in a completely different direction despite being in the middle of a conversation with another person.

It's crazy that people think she should just except how her body is now (with the weight she said she put on). It doesn't seem like op is very happy about that so why are people encouraging her to stick with a body that she doesn't like? If op isn't comfortable with her body how it is now, then she can change it with hard work, discipline, and some encouragement! Hard work looks good on anyone; gluttony, not so much.

I've gained weight since my last break up too OP, and I can totally understand where you're coming from. It has nothing to do with showing off or making someone feel like shit or miss you, it's about proving that you're better off without them, which is hard to prove to someone when you've gained weight since seeing them. Tbh, chances are, the weight isn't AS bad as you think it is, and in time, you will get to a point when you just feel "ready" to lose it. Chances are, if he still had feelings for you he'll still miss you anyway even with the extra weight, he's moved on, or he was a jack ass to begin with if he's judging you on your weight gain.