Rain stops play

By Wilf - 22/02/2013 15:48 - Australia - Perth

Today, the arts company I work for cancelled our 8 pm sold-out outdoor performance at 7:30 due to rain, and will have to reticket 550 patrons. I'm the only person in the office trained in ticketing. It stopped raining 10 minutes after we cancelled it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 870
You deserved it 2 768

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why don't we take the concert, and push it somewhere else?!

Comments

Well time to get off FML, and get back to work.

It takes awhile for an FML to be approved, so OP should be done by now.

I know that. I guess my attempt at being humorous failed.

perdix 29

With extraordinary power comes extraordinary responsibility. Before you start the re-ticketing, it might be a good time to discuss a raise and promotion with your boss, as well as a company car, stock options and access to the corporate jet.

Not to mention training other people in ticketing in case OP can't do it for one reason or another.

But then OP loses all their leverage.

The good news is the you can only do it one at a time and no faster than that. Don't complain about doing the job that you actually signed up for.

Just 'cause they signed up for it, doesn't mean it's fun.

I feel it for you. To bad your the only one who has to face the music for cancelling the concert. Don't be to down maybe it could be a one way ticket to a promotion?

I feel you*, Too* You're* Too* Not drunk, just little mistakes

When it's such a short comment, even that many mistakes is just kind of embarrassing though.

I wish you good luck in reticketing the 550 Angry patrons. Having been to a couple of concerts, I know things can get messy if the croud isnt happy.

FYL but your patrons are lucky! All the Amphitheatre concerts I've gone to states "Rain or Shine". If it rains, you better bring a poncho 'cause you're damn out of luck! Mayhem was hell this year!

almost every ticket I've ever bought said "rain or shine". I'm not sure this FML is legit, because after all, wouldn't the theater just say the tickets were redeemable in case the show happened? no company goes out of its way to loose money.

perdix 29

"Blame it on the rain, yeah, yeah Whatever you do, don't put the blame on you, Blame it on the rain, yeah, yeah." That's really me singing . . . me singing . . . me singing . . .

Sucks to be the only one. Feel for you, meng. Gotta ask why more people aren't there that can do the ticketing with you. Unrelated, is there like 200 people that come to this site and vote YDI on every single post or something? I don't see how OP deserved this tedium, but apparently 288 (atop) people feel that OP's responsible for the moodiness of nature.

Satoaoi 13