Priorities

By sprained neck - 24/11/2015 05:49

Today, I had whiplash after my dad and I were rear ended by a suburban. Despite the state trooper saying I should go, my dad delayed taking me to the ER because he wanted to pick up the dog from "doggy daycare" and take her for a nice long walk, while I waited for my mom to come home. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 046
You deserved it 1 523

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That Worst Father of the Year award isn't going to earn itself…

Comments

Your dad can actually be charged with child neglect for that. I personally have experience with whiplash and have been seeing a chiro for several years now to deal with the fact that my neck was almost permanently thrown out of place, constricting my blood vessels and windpipe, thus making it hard to breath. It's getting better but the neck is delicate, especially after an injury like that, so it's going to take years more.

Dad's a dumbass plain and ******* simple.

Okay tell me, how does OP deserve such treatment?

She doesn't. Some people are just awful and can't help being nothing but assholes. They are the same people who were blaming a victim of a violent assault to the point that mods had to close the comments. It's sickening.

The same people who press (both FYL and) YDI probably also compulsively press all the diet, tea, P, other, etc. tabs on drink lids given by fast food restaurants. Not that I'm guilty of either…

An ambulance doesn't just pick you up if you need to go to the hospital, it depends on availability, seriousness of the situation and age. I'm a first aid responder at work (don't know the English word, I'm trained for emergency responses and can assist in ambulance) and at work there was a case of a dislocated leg (nearly impossible to move) who we needed to transport ourselves while another day a case of a cut-off finger got an ambulance at our door. Its just a whiplash, they are not going to send an ambulance and depending on her age, she might not be able to afford a taxi or has no friends that can drive.

countryb_cth 38

I know that here in Canada if you're a minor the hospital cannot preform any procedures on you without a parent present. So depending on OP's age she may not have a choice but wait for her mom.

That's so ****** up. Any potential head or neck injuries need to get checked out immediately after an accident. Even if someone thinks they or someone else are fine, it's not something to mess around with. The adrenaline released from shock can mask pain and make people think they are okay when they may not be. A friend of mine died a few months ago from exactly that. He was in a minor fender bender and thought he was okay because he didn't feel any serious pain, but he had a brain bleed. One minute he was here feeling perfectly fine and the next he was just gone with no warning. I hope it's was nothing too serious and that you make a quick recovery.

king_endermen 15

Take him for a nice long walk... Into the bottom of a lake

A lot of people don't know that a simple rear-end can cause any serious injuries. Not saying it's an excuse, just saying. I have seen people need to go to the hospital on stretchers due to being rear-ended.

Hunkapoo 19

I hope you didn't move your neck and head too much before going the hospital, it could cause serious damage if you have an injury. If you are hurt and the delayed hospital visit caused you worsen your injury, I'd try and sue your dad. This could also effect any legal compensation you seek. Hope your not injured!

Ugh dads are always like "eh just walk it off!"

Is it just me or does it sound like his dad could be having an affair?