Priorities

By Anonymous - 20/03/2016 15:58 - Germany - Berlin

Today, my father-in-law left my wedding reception because he had to feed the dog. This would have been alright, if he hadn't been absent for nearly two hours. Apparently, just feeding the dog and leaving would have hurt the animal's feelings so he stayed to play with him for a while. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 996
You deserved it 1 857

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You gotta think about the poor dog! Doesn't matter if it's one of the most important days of your life. The dog is top priority

He should have brought the dog back with him! Dogs make everything (including weddings) better.

Comments

Maybe he is introverted and large social gatherings are overwhelming for him. He just may have needed a break.

ApparentlyNotEno 28

Very much this. I know I have made what may have seemed to be thin excuses on several occasions to remove myself from socially overwhelming situations. (And weddings are one of the worst offenders.)

My FIL did this while he was supposed to be at the hospital. My husband was having a serious surgery and my MIL had BEGGED to be there but she is severely disabled, so he was supposed to be there to take care of her. He ditched the second my husband went into surgery to "let the dog out" and was gone for 4 hours. I had to call him to tell him the surgery was over and I needed to go to my husband, could he please come pick up his wife.

Should've invited the dog to the wedding

You may find over time, that it is a blessing when your father in law is not around.

My mother and father-in-law left our wedding to "switch shoes." She came back with the same ones. It broke my husbands heart.

My mother in law did the exact same thing, leaving the reception for over an hour and taking in tow her her daughter and her best friend's husband because she needed a lift. The mad thing is that there was no need for it. Her best friend / neighbor's son could have easily done the job but she wouldn't let him although he's very reliable. She and the 2 others missed half of the concert our friends band played for us. I'm still quite peeved over it.

If you wasn't getting married in his back yard, then thats about how much it could possibly take: half an hour one way, half an hour back, an hour to feed and let the dog out for pee-pee/poo-poo.

The dog could suffer from separation anxiety.

Sounds like something my FIL would do. Hell, even my MIL and BIL. Yeah.....Anyway, sorry that happened.