Poor planning on your part does not necessitate an emergency on mine

By Anonymous - 16/02/2024 04:00 - United States - Eagle Mountain

Today, I told my family that I’m pregnant. My sister is upset and refuses to accept she’ll have to help with the baby. I’m a single mom going to college and living at home, and will need help. FML
I agree, your life sucks 101
You deserved it 2 089

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sounds like your problem and not your sister's problem.

Someone sounds like the spoiled, entitled child. This is not your parents child. This is not your sister's child. This is your child. This is your choice. I say that because it sounds like you chose to have sex. We're you raped I'd have a different view here. However, you chose to get laid and you chose to keep this child. None of the others did. It is not their responsibility. It's a big word for you, apparently, but you have to be a big girl and make a lot of big person decisions now. Those include how you (not your parents or siblings) will care for your child.

Comments

Wadlaen 23

If you're already a single mom, in college, why did you initiate to have another child? If you can't avoid having sex, at least use contraceptives until you're in a situation where you're able to give the kids you're having an optimal life.

boilerdude 4

Why should your sister pay for your mistakes? Maybe if you asked nicely for her to help or offered her compensation for helping she wouldn't mind, but just expecting her to help when it your own **** up? Very entitled of you

hopejm 5

you my dear are an entitled spoiled Karen in the making. I feel sorry for your family having to put up with you and especially for your child. learn some humility and stop having kids when you are obviously not ready.

Why would she need to accept anything? It's your child, not hers. Being a single mom doesn't entitle you to anything, I'm afraid. You may need to put college on hold while you attend to the responsibilities you now have. It sucks, but point blank, it isn't your sister's responsibility.

I mean, she's not wrong... sounds like the pregnancy was an accident, so YDI for not taking precautions. You made your bed, now you must lie in it. It's your responsibility to take care of your own kid. If you weren't prepared for one, you shouldn't have had sex. This is why we need to reinstate sex ed in schools.

that's your problem not your sister's. pay for a babysitter. you knew what you were getting into and that shouldn't involve your sister. grow up.

The lion, the witch and the audacity of this...