Oh no

By marriedwithfamily - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I went on my honeymoon to Hawaii. My family decided to surprise my new husband and I by joining us on our vacation. FML
I agree, your life sucks 87 693
You deserved it 3 582

Top comments

lyndis_fml 0

Have really, really loud sex.

dcstream 0

My wife's family did this on our first honeymoon; AND they booked rooms on both sides of our room. We had purposely loud sex every morning and night for 2 weeks. EDIT: Only one of their rooms was connected.

Comments

fyl4sure 0

Now this the definition of a real FML.

I would have said, 'hey, can you not bother us after 8? we'll be having sex.' and try to make THEM feel awkward

I would have re-scheduled that shit, or went somewhere else. I don't live with my mom, but if my dad and other family members came with me on my honeymoon, I'd be quite the bitchy person.

shinyred 0

Wow could totally picture my family doing this to me. First I would talk to them, tell them you don't want to spend your honeymoon with them and maybe they will be willing to change the hotel they are at. If that doesn't work just make everything really awkward when you do spend time with them and the rest of the time make sure the do not disturb sign is out.

wow, how inconsiderate. my mom tried to pull that shit on my first vacation with my boyfriend of 2 years. luckily, she missed the flight. but really, that sucks. i would try to change your plans if at all possible and not tell them about it. or i also like other people's suggestions of reminding them what a honeymoon is and telling them that you'll be having sex with your husband the ENTIRE time. good luck!

Here's what you do: Don't look at them, don't talk to them, totally ignore them. Pretend they don't exist, and be really grabby with your husband anytime you happen to see them around.

ethanmonroe 0

What kind of freaky family do you have? Do they not know what honeymoons are?

bamagirl150 0

Bless your heart, you poor thing. You need to turn your cell phone off, have wherever you're staying move you to another room so they can't find you, don't take any calls in your room, and generally pretend they're not there and try to have a good time anyway.