Oh no

By marriedwithfamily - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I went on my honeymoon to Hawaii. My family decided to surprise my new husband and I by joining us on our vacation. FML
I agree, your life sucks 87 693
You deserved it 3 582

Top comments

lyndis_fml 0

Have really, really loud sex.

dcstream 0

My wife's family did this on our first honeymoon; AND they booked rooms on both sides of our room. We had purposely loud sex every morning and night for 2 weeks. EDIT: Only one of their rooms was connected.

Comments

primogen18 0

wow, you should have sex REALLY loud if you're in the room next door and keep them up all night for that.

AmyBeth 0

omg I would be so really pissed at them and never let them forget it!

the only thing i don't get is if you honeymooned in hawaii, why does it say connecticut?

That is the home location of the poster. She didn't move to Hawaii, just honeymooned there.

They probably paid for the trip & felt that gave them the right to join. Time to set some boundaries, or the marriage will be short-lived! P.S. it's "husband and me" ... you wouldn't say "my parents surprised I" :)

What the **** is wrong with your family?! That's just stupid and wrong on so many levels. x(

hotstuff81 0

Oh my **** that would suck. I feel so sorry for you. Just have really loud sex every night. Get drunk and be like really loud turn up your tv every night at like midnight.

omg wow... i seriously feel so sorry for you.

I feel sorry for the husband. HIS life is sooo F'd!!!!! You (that's you as a couple, since you as a wife apparently can't manage shit) should have talked to the hotel manager and gotten a different room, on a different floor, under a ficticious name.

jinx8828 0

oh my gosh... something really similar happened to me recently! my bf and i had planned a romantic weekend away at a cute bed and breakfast. when his (very annoying and meddling) mom found out where we were going she decided that it sounded like fun and she invited herself (and her husband, my bfs father) along. instead of a cute, intimate weekend for just my bf and me, we were forced to constantly socialize and entertain them, leaving us with very little alone time. the kicker: his mom booked the hotel room RIGHT next to ours, taking the only queen bed that was available for the weekend. we had to sleep on 2 twins pushed together, and were unable to have any sex bc they could hear everything we did. in short: I FEEL YOUR PAIN. don't you just want to kick them in the throat?

You're kind of dumb. You were "forced to constantly socialize and entertain them"? By whom? And who says you couldn't have sex? Dumbass. That should have been a reason to have extra sex, extra loud.

jinx8828 0

because unlike you, who seemingly lacks this selfless trait, i actually believe in giving others common courtesy and respect. ignoring them during dinner and various outings, and having loud sex, would have been extremely rude. im sorry that my moral standard is higher than yours.

philosopher 0

Actually, I refute this. When they "invited themselves" and took the room next to yours along with the queen bed, they forfeited all respect that you should give them. People like them don't have a clue, and will never get it unless you tell them. Some people don't even get it then and need to have the message sent in exaggerated ways as he suggested. So really you just made it harder on yourself for no reason. If you refute this, then fine, you'll just be at the mercy of people until you just snap one day.

pwnage79 0

id say " go away! you dont have to go home but you cant stay here!"