Oh no

By marriedwithfamily - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I went on my honeymoon to Hawaii. My family decided to surprise my new husband and I by joining us on our vacation. FML
I agree, your life sucks 87 693
You deserved it 3 582

Top comments

lyndis_fml 0

Have really, really loud sex.

dcstream 0

My wife's family did this on our first honeymoon; AND they booked rooms on both sides of our room. We had purposely loud sex every morning and night for 2 weeks. EDIT: Only one of their rooms was connected.

Comments

GDinNJ 0

I can't even describe how angry I get just IMAGINING my parents doing this to me. ****. Your. Life. I would seriously flip a shit on them...or you could politely ask them to leave. Either way, I would get them out of there. That is so unbelievably unacceptable. As someone else said, what do they think you're planning on doing? Seriously?

I agree with rlly loud sex. Lol But that wasn't very smart of them. That'd be my bfs mom coming so we don't to anything, in the other hand my mom wouldn't/doesn't have a problem if we'd even **** in the same room. People are just different, in this case those are some pretty weird parents.

Shit, at this point, just tell them about this funny site called fmylife. When the read the comment section, they should get the point.

I would book a flight to somewhere else on the planet and leave secretly. =P

kittypot 0

YDI for using the wrong pronoun, you dumb ****. Stop trying to sound smart by using "I". Sometimes "me" is the only correct form. Maybe your in-laws came along because they know how ******* stupid you are and don't think you could handle Hawaii without supervision.

ICallKyo 3

Yeah, she deserve to have her parents invade the privacy of her honeymoon because AFTER it happened, she accidentally used the wrong pronoun! The horror! Don't be a dick, kittypot, there's no need for it.

crack3dup 0

ok, so how is using correct grammar wrong? YDI for being so stupid and trying to correct something that was correct.

cherlana32 0

Actually, that should be "don't think you CAN handle Hawaii without supervision". Nice try, though.

Maybe they intended for it to be non standard. Not everybody cares about perfect English all the time, especially on something as informal as FML! Lighten up and take that pole out of your behind (: At least they didn't text talk or something.

It's my new husband and ME, not and I. It really bugs me when people do that. But that sucks that your parents came.

yeah.. "My family tried to surprise my new husband and I" Take out the other person - my family tried to surprise I. Doesn't make sense. My family tried to surprise ME, aha! Correct pronoun! But that does suck. Make inappropriate comments while you're in their company "ohh baby i want you so bad" and then proceed to make out profusely. They'll be so embarrassed that they'll leave on their own.

That is bullshit, I would be so angry if they did something like that. Once your honeymoon is over I would talk to them, and put them in the place. They have no right to do something like that. That is private time, time for you and your husband, it isn't some god damned family get together... That's what the wedding reception is for.

"Once the honeymoon is over?" I would talk to them as soon as possible to tell them that they are free to have a vacation in Hawaii while I'm there, but they are not to speak to me, not to bother me, and not to try and see me at all, because they can walk up to me and talk all they want, but I'll ignore whatever they say. That way I'm not the bad person: they're the bad people for being unwanted interlopers in my honeymoon.

Julietiloveyou 0

Noooo honeymoons should be just for the two of you. To spend time and have sex. So do that, I would have ignored them and at night I would screamed me head off during the sex. Just so they wouldn't bother me.

I agree with everyone else here - be obnoxious to the point that they want to avoid you, it's -your- honeymoon.