NSFW FML

By Fireguy92 - 01/02/2013 04:39 - United States - Dewitt

Today, as a firefighter, we were called to assist the ambulance crew with lifting a deceased patient out of a house. Little did I know, he had been dead inside for 3 weeks, and was bloated and popped like a water balloon when we attempted to move him. My girlfriend made soup for the evening meal. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 527
You deserved it 2 574

Same thing different taste

Top comments

californiapoppy 11

Hopefully it wasn't a red colored soup! Thank you for your work saving lives!

Comments

Hats off to you, sir! This isn't a job I and many other people would be able to do.

chlorinegreen 27

Maybe while they were moving him he got poked somehow? Or he was just extremely fragile? I keep thinking about CSI and the walking dead...

superfly9234 3

I thought all fir fighters loved blood and guts. they sure brag about their gory stories alot

Fir fighters: fighting firs every Christmas.

I have been on a couple of those calls. They are the worst. If the smell doesn't get ya seeing everything will.

Blood and guts calls can be neat, but the smell of decomp is like nothing else! As for you man up ricky rescue types, well, to each their own. Personally, I always helped my EMT partner. I took my NREMT-P and ran to PA school. No "man up" sorts out there. OP, don't eat the soup.

I got into a sort of gross out competition with a veteran cop. My work often involves human dissections. He won with a story about a cadaver retrieval that the cop buddies referred to as "Mr. Juicy".

ulissey_fml 22

Tough luck about your dinner. So she did buy a new blender too? oops , sorry about that #34. as we say in France, great spirits mix up.

Why did they ask firefighters to handle corpse? Isn't that somebody else's job?

Mademoiselle_fml 34

Read the FML again. They were assisting the ambulance crew. Firefighters and ambulances usually go hand-in-hand.

72, In my area, firefigthers don't work together with ambulances. That's why I asked.

I hope it was chunky style beef stew!

Right now, I'm seeing 232 'you deserved it' votes. How the hell does he deserve that, exactly?