Not doing well

By walkingdead_1029 - 06/05/2013 06:49 - United States - Peoria

Today, the girl that I've been madly in love with was demanding I tell her who I liked. I told her no, I should just keep it a secret, but she demanded I tell her. After I told her, the only response I got was, "You're right. You should have kept that a secret." FML
I agree, your life sucks 69 157
You deserved it 6 486

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well, that was a bit insensitive of her. It's her loss.

Sounds like a classic case of the friend zone, it's not impossible to leave, but I think in this case, it's pretty clear she's just not into you, sorry OP.

Comments

I hope that rang alarm bells in your head ..... Ding ding ding, bitch alert, not girlfriend material.

I think it was highly unfair of her to push you into an answer, and then act so uppity about it. She asked, you declined and she kept on! To be honest, you can't control who your heart falls for, but I hope this at least shows you that she wouldn't be a good companion to you. (I'm sure someone out there could make her feel something) Frankly, she sounds like a spoiled bitch. Expecting to get what she wants, and when it doesn't come out exactly how she wanted it, she puts you down for it. Not even good friend material! I won't say she's not 'worth your time' , because maybe you believe that she will come around with some work and see you how you see her. But I advise not really confiding in her in the future.

You can't control who your heart falls for... but since that girl didn't fall for him she's a bitch, apparently. I guess you think she CAN control who she falls for?

#15 never called her a bitch. If anything, she's rude for insensitively dismissing OP after she pressured him or her into confessing something personal, not because she didn't reciprocate his or her feelings.

#52 - I quote: "Frankly, she sounds like a spoiled bitch." And I don't buy the "she rudely dismissed his feelings" argument. No, she was likely pressuring him to get him to stop weeks worth of passively creeper behavior that was making her uncomfortable. I've seen this before. What HE thinks is a secret love is actually coming across quite obviously as harassment in the real world, and she finally called him on it. Yes she was rude, but it probably had nothing to do with dismissing his feelings, but rather his creepy actions.

Oh, you are correct and I did skim over that while reading it. Sorry. Well that is quite an assumption.

Lawlsacopter 6

Well 53 you made a massive assumption based on no fact at all. It sounds like she indeed did rudely dismiss OPs feelings because she could have said something of the "Oh, we'll that's sweet but I don't think I feel the same way. Sorry" variety. Also, the way you typed that makes me feel the need to point out that harassment is not dealt with by "finding out who they like." If you claim to have seen that, it must've been in a 3rd grade classroom

Dairyking 8

"You're right. You should have kept that a secret." How is that automatically rude? For all we know, she could have said "You're right. You probably should have kept that a secret, because now I feel bad that I don't think of you the same way. I'm sorry." All we have to go by is what OP paraphrased for us, so I don't see her as being a bitch here at all. Why must everyone always jump the gun on conclusions that have no support?

Dairyking 8

80, what are you even doing here? You know very well that rational and logical comments aren't welcome by the FML community. GTFO.

Sorry OP. That burns, like a stinging acidic face-fart from revengeful sibling.

That is incredibly insensitive of her and if she has that kind of personality then you're all the better off finding out now than when you're more emotionally invested...I'm sorry OP that really sucks, you sound too good for her anyway :/ Best of luck OP

Lawlsacopter 6

I agree 17. Insensitive people like that just need to keep it to themselves

Then you should've laugh and punched her in the arm

jogihoppa8343 23

well i guess he's a man of honour, just like the ironman:-)

Trisha_aus 15

Did you just watch Iron Man 3 and had to make a comment about it? In that case, how was it?

She probably doesn't want to date someone who plays games with people's emotions using silly passive-aggressive secrets. Next time you like someone just tell them and leave the "secret likes" to the middle-schoolers.

Lawlsacopter 6

Or maybe, considering she's the one playing the games, she's too mentally immature to grow up and be ready to accept that it may just be her

#23, you're making assumptions based on no fact at all. You don't know whether OP was being passive-aggressive or not, and even if he was, it in no way excuses the way she put him down. If you don't like someone, ok, but don't add insult to injury by being an ass about it.

#77 - The reason I don't think I'm assuming too much is how this FML starts out. If he wasn't being weird to her then how did she know that he secretly liked someone? The fact that she's asking who it is proves he's been talking about it and is not actually keeping it a secret like he claims to have been. So right there is a contradiction between what really happened and how he thinks it happened. That's the "game" I'm referring to: Saying you have a secret when in reality you're telling people about it. That's not a secret, that's a game.

"If he wasn't being weird to her then how did she know that he secretly liked someone?" Well, it certainly couldn't be the fact that almost everyone has secretly liked someone else at some point in their lives.

#83, you still don't know how the conversation of a love interest came about, you're once again assuming without knowing what happened. It could have come up in conversation or in other ways. And still, nothing excuses her badgering OP about it and then being rude about it.

jogihoppa8343 23

sory that's a mistake. i posted the comment on some other fml.

olpally 32

Move on op. at least you know how she really feels and what a bitch she is now.

PhilosoraptrH8sU 4

call her a cuntasaurous rex......then punch her in the babymaker