No excuses

By pissedexworker - This FML is from back in 2010 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I found out that being rushed unconscious to the hospital and missing work qualifies you for termination if you don't call in, even if you have a note from the ER doctor. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 513
You deserved it 2 493

Same thing different taste

Comments

That sounds like wrongful termination to me. No company can fire you for not showing up when you are physically incapable of going to work or calling to let them know. Most companies (and all large ones) have a policy on how to handle that situation. A note from the doctor is legally sufficient.

obviously not qualified anyway. can't spell UNCONSCIOUS right

wooow. Here in Norway it is almost impossible for a employer to fire a employee. We are very protected

"Today my employee has done nothing but play solitaire at work all day. There's a single mother who's very much qualified for his position but I can't hire her because the laws here in Norway won't let me fire the slacker. FML"

franwins0827 7

Sue for wrongful termination?

wow boners... usually I love your comments but this time, wow :P

where on earth did your idea of herpes come from?....

69_jackson_69 0

How to Call Someone Rude Over the Internet, by Rachel Elizabeth.

The catch 22 here is, if you sue for wrongful termination, you will probably get it. The downside is, if you do, your chance of getting another job decreases. Most companies do not want to hire someone who will not take it quietly if the company decides to screw the employee. Also, he just got out of the ER, not being able to spell unconscious is the least of his problems.

ShaundraLikeWhoa 0

As many people said,sue their asses. I would. Especially in this economy.