No excuses

By pissedexworker - This FML is from back in 2010 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I found out that being rushed unconscious to the hospital and missing work qualifies you for termination if you don't call in, even if you have a note from the ER doctor. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 513
You deserved it 2 493

Same thing different taste

Comments

I'm pretty sure you can sue for this. Know your rights and ask a lawyer!

varkey 7

that's pretty stupid. sue. FYL

to get a lawsuit in action could be hard. it does depend on were you live, ie. Kansas is a right to work state or what ever they call it now. depending on state laws your screwed..

27's pic is the embodiment of all thing wrong with America.

CaptainPat 0

in new york state there are laws against suing your employer. so pray to god something like this never happens to me.

momony_fml 0

you people are wild. Not a lawyer, or student. But it matters if, when you were hired, did you sign anything that may have included the phrase "at will" ? If so, your screwed. They can let you go at their will. you got nothing. better update that resume.

lillibug93 0

That is illegal. They can't fire you if you were unconscious and in the ER. You can report them for doing this to you.

there is more to this case, the guy might have an appalling sickness record, he might of have been binge drinking... why does everyone have to rush for the lawyers?

ah, the equivelent of a whipping 300 yrs ago. slavery is alive and well for working americans and then told its our choice. Reminds me of the time I was fired for being off work on doctors orders. Since you gotta sign your rights away to even get hired there can be no legal recourse.