By kaybear13 - 05/08/2015 08:39 - United States - San Mateo

Today, I got written up because apparently leaning on the counter at work is unprofessional, even if you're about to pass out and the counter is the only thing keeping you on your feet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 560
You deserved it 2 388

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The amount of idiots in management is TOO DAMN HIGH!

hoosiergirl94 31

Even if you weren't about to pass out, why would it matter if you were leaning on a counter for a few moments?

Comments

1dvs_bstd 41
YourOpinionSucks 22

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I specifically remember one instance while working retail when my feet hurt so bad I thought I was going to pass out. I was wearing decent shoes too. Sometimes standing for a long period of time will just do you in. I'm assuming that's what OP means.

I passed out while serving in church when I was younger due to being too warm, and the women on my moms side of the family tend to pass out when they're pregnant...so it really could be anything

bilbokyle 7

Sorry OP, just remember sleep is for the weak

He was about to pass out. Not go to sleep.

Passing out is just accidental sleeping.

Fun fact the longest time someone has stayed awake willingly without medication or stimulants was a 16 year old born in 1947. 11days 24min legendary.

Another fun fact around 10 days without sleep can be deadly. The brain starts shutting down important functions.

Sad. Complain about like a... Health thing.

Yeah because OP will have enough time so research a health issue no one knows about at their job? Especially with that controlling of a boss? Good luck.

hoosiergirl94 31

Even if you weren't about to pass out, why would it matter if you were leaning on a counter for a few moments?

Because if corporate or the owner happens to walk in and see that, the supervisor/manager would in trouble for allowing it and "wasting time" I know from personal experience at a fast food restaurant

It's the same at my work. Leaning makes you look slouchy and casual, and isn't professional You should be standing up straight and presentable, looking ready to greet guests or whatever it is you do. I'm not saying I agree with it, but that's the way it was. There's always people complaining that their feet hurt and they're gonna pass out and wah wah wah....I've been in situations where I genuinely do feel like I'm gonna pass out and I've quickly gone out back to get a drink and compose myself. But there are a lot of people who just whine as well, even though it's kinda part of the job.

Might want to counter that write up with an appeal. I'm sure if you tell them what happened the outcome would lean in your favor.

LadyLuck93 20

Ridiculous how some individuals jump right away to conclusions, you dont deserve this.

I'm sure when you talk your boss about what was really going on he will understand.