Mutilated knob

By JWags - 04/12/2018 05:00

Spicy
Today, at 30 years-old, my wife asked why I'm circumcised when my parents aren't religious. I didn't know I was circumcised. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 660
You deserved it 1 599

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Living proof that we need better sexual education in this country. The first sex ed class I can remember had pictures of both an uncircumcised, and a circumcised, penis. Not knowing where you are from or your cultural background, it seems more difficult to believe that you didn't know that before now. If you're from the US, most males here are circumcised. The rates are slowly decreasing, but still: "The overall circumcision rate among U.S. males age 14 to 59 is 81 percent." So, I suppose without the religious side explaining what circumcision was, and if you really had that bad of a sex ed teacher, yeah, I guess it's possible.

whiskey'swino 15

Many believe it is healthier, cleaner, want the boy to look like dad... Who knows? There are plenty of information on reasons to or not online.

Comments

Living proof that we need better sexual education in this country. The first sex ed class I can remember had pictures of both an uncircumcised, and a circumcised, penis. Not knowing where you are from or your cultural background, it seems more difficult to believe that you didn't know that before now. If you're from the US, most males here are circumcised. The rates are slowly decreasing, but still: "The overall circumcision rate among U.S. males age 14 to 59 is 81 percent." So, I suppose without the religious side explaining what circumcision was, and if you really had that bad of a sex ed teacher, yeah, I guess it's possible.

my school only did sex ed once a year and only a 30 minute class one day. the only thing I remember is the school nurse killing a gold fish in front of us and saying sex is the equivalent to the gold fish that its kill us for going out of our comfort zone. then showed us a second fish and left that one alone in the tank and said that fish is equivalent to waiting until married... public school...

at my school they had the boys the girls in separate classrooms for them to teach us barely anything for half an hour

PenguinPal3017 19

Then I assume that you don't have a hideous scar. Congratulations!

my husband is circumcised and doesn't have a scar? kinda doctor you go to?

Neither of my parents are religious but my brother and I are circumcised.

whiskey'swino 15

Many believe it is healthier, cleaner, want the boy to look like dad... Who knows? There are plenty of information on reasons to or not online.

whiskey'swino 15

I completely agree, the sons I will never have would not be cut. But these are reasons that people chose to do so. What little kid looks at their dad naked and thinks "why is my dick different than his?". Still, those are reasons people use.

I may have the info backwards, but I believe circumcised men have a lower risk of getting pancreatic cancer than uncircumcised. However, it's like a 1% difference.

If people didn’t make talking about the body taboo, they wouldn’t care of their kid asked that and would answer it in a way that kids can understand. I wish our culture would lighten up about these things. Then kids with rashes on their genitals wouldn’t have to beg to go to the doctors.

I wouldn't even know where the cut off piece would attach to what's left!

Of course you wouldn’t- little dick : )

Guys, maybe it's not him who's confused. Maybe he just has a smaller foreskin and confused his gf?

Good thing you are. You don’t want the smeg

I didn’t know it was possible to not know this. 🤦🏼‍♀️

30 years old and not knowing your circumcised???!!!??? Seriously, don't you ever change underwear or take a shower??? I think I am more worried about your serious lack of personal hygiene than anything else.

weaboo 12

Yeah but seeing as OP has a girlfriend he probably doesn’t stare at dicks all day to know what to compare his to. I am Jewish so I know I am circumsized but I don’t know how a regular penis looks because I’m not gay

knowing what other peoples genitals looks like doesn't make you gay....

You don't have to be gay to know what other penisses look like. Just do some sports or go swimming.

Nhayaa 21

Never understood why americans are so much into circumcision... In Europe most men are not circumcised and everything's fine, they don't get more deseases or anything. If you don't wash properly or don't care about what you do with your penis, it doesn't matter if you're circumcised or not...