Make your mind up

By Anonymous - 30/09/2009 21:04 - United States

Today, when I got to work, I found out that I was being laid off. Two hours later, I found out my boss had my name on the wrong list. I was elated. I went to lunch, but on the way back was rear-ended, in the rain. I was an hour and a half late getting back to work. I was fired upon returning. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 037
You deserved it 3 187

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's when you show them a copy of the report, and if they don't change it, sue for wrongful termination.

Erindub 0

I think 1/2 of the posted FML's could be turned around if the OP took the time to explain the situation fully and/or rationally. This FML is just another one of those posts.

Comments

Intoxicunt LOVES being rear-ended by her father! Ew!

Erindub 0

And furthermore...why didn't you call your boss and let them know what was up? I'm just saying...at my job you notify your boss when you're going to be late even if its just a few minutes. Your boss is TOTALLY in the wrong but this may have prevented this sort of situation.

(Btw she got the nickname in a late night session from him. Double ew!)

You can moderate all you want, it doesn't stop her from doing the nasty with her own father. Just saying. Do you promote this fml?

teach09 0

uhm...is that legal? #14...if I get into an accident, my first thought isn't going to be to call my boss cuz i'm going to be late... #18...way to be on the wrong FML...

Get documents, take to boss, keep working. Or, take boss to court for wrongful termination. But yea, most situations it seems could be completely avoided if the OP explained a few seconds of the story.

I actually agree with #14...if it's just me getting rear ended or rear ending someone, I won't be so far gone in my troubles that I won't stop to take 3 minutes out to call my job and let them know...after the 3 minute call, you'll still have to sit and wait for the cops to take their precious time getting there anyway. May as well make the phone call to kill some time.

Boasting about your outdoor gay sex escapades is inappropriate subject matter for a professional environment. No wonder they "canned" you.

Ahh, plexi, I could tell this was your comment before ever clicking on the FML. =)

How hard can it be to say "my car got rear-ended" instead of "I was rear-ended?" It makes it as challenging as tee ball.