Long road ahead

By Anonymous - 14/01/2021 20:01

Today, I came out to one of my best friends as non-binary, and told him (with their permission) that some of our friends were trans. He told us that we were all idiots and refuses to accept us. We've known him since 3rd grade. FML
I agree, your life sucks 938
You deserved it 613

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So were you expecting him to accept you, because you've known him for a long time, and his response was out of character from who you thought you knew, or have you never discussed this stuff with him before, and he's revealed a side he never showed you in all this time? I'm sure there's a shorter way of asking, but I'm sticking with wording my question this way.

Annies 17

Well that sucks. Hopefully he’ll learn to be accepting, otherwise you don’t need him in your life.

Comments

Annies 17

Well that sucks. Hopefully he’ll learn to be accepting, otherwise you don’t need him in your life.

noone0094 1

well that's a ******* stupid thing to say... why does the friend have to bend over for the friendship?

Annies 17

Nice try. I know better than to argue with people on the internet.

So were you expecting him to accept you, because you've known him for a long time, and his response was out of character from who you thought you knew, or have you never discussed this stuff with him before, and he's revealed a side he never showed you in all this time? I'm sure there's a shorter way of asking, but I'm sticking with wording my question this way.

I'm a little confused. If your problematic friend has known all of you since the 3rd grade, wouldn't he be aware that some of you have changed your sexual identity (in reference to the trans friends)?

Being trans isn't a sexuality, just an FYI <3. Gender and sexuality are different.

Hailstorm92 10

Maybe he don’t like ppl who throw all their business out there like omg I’m this an that. Who cares? It’s like attention seeking. Maybe he saw it as that an can’t stand it kinda like a Karen lol.

Or maybe he's just an asshole, and a person's identity should be their friend's business. It's not that hard to accept someone for who they are, and for other people to respect that. If you think it's just "some business" to keep hidden, you too are an asshole.