By Anonymous - 24/09/2018 05:00

Today, getting home from a long day at work, I checked the mail and saw 3 envelopes from the IRS. Apparently I now owe over $4,000. I only have $2 in my bank account. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 605
You deserved it 408

Same thing different taste

Top comments

PenguinPal3017 19

If they want you to pay in gift cards it's a scam. For your sake I really hope that it is a scam. Owing that kind of money isn't fun.

Comments

Yikes! Keep your chin up! Call them and see if they will work with you. Sometimes they will. Good luck.

The IRS doesn't just up and send you a bill. My guess is that you failed to file a return or returns and ignored the several other letters they sent warning you of their impending judgement. I suggest filing your past due returns, figuring out what you really owe, and getting on a payment plan with them, because the next step in the process is asset seizure and they will take anything of value that you own.

The IRS doesn't just "send you a bill". You likely failed to file a return or returns and subsequently ignored previous letters alerting you to the fact that eventually you would just have a judgement levied against you. They ALWAYS start high... as in what you would owe, based on your income, before any deductions or exemptions. You probably only owe a quarter of that, but you have to do your taxes to know.