Jot that down

By mustanggt - 16/03/2023 10:00 - United States - Coronado

Today, my workplace's new policy requires me to ask employees why they're calling out sick. I had to listen to the answer, "When it comes out of your bum, like a bullet from a gun…" FML
I agree, your life sucks 710
You deserved it 131

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You: "Hi, I'm calling because you called out sick. The reason is because you're sick?" Employee: "Yes." You: "Fine, thanks!"

in germany, that's actually illegal. if the doc says you're sick, then you're sick and company gotta accept that. period.

Comments

You: "Hi, I'm calling because you called out sick. The reason is because you're sick?" Employee: "Yes." You: "Fine, thanks!"

When I worked in the San Diego area my boss did that. Worst of all he required me to do it if one of people I supervised called in sick. Frankly I considered the while thing distasteful. I assume the reason he did that was to place a little more pressure on his employees to not call in sick unless they were actually sick. I don’t think it ever made anyone get out of bed and come back in to work, but I suspect that it discouraged future call-ins unless you were actually sick. I know though that when I was home sick in bed it just pissed me off to have to talk to the boss when he called back.

in germany, that's actually illegal. if the doc says you're sick, then you're sick and company gotta accept that. period.

and most of the civilized world, except the US

arimylove1 8

But in the US, we often don't go see a doctor when we're just sick cuz of the expense. We have to be damn nearbon our deathbed. But still an inappropriate question for any employer to ask.

easybree 9

same in Canada. i’d laugh in my employers face if he ever asked me why I called in sick

“Wheeeeeeeeen it comes out your bum like a bullet from a gun, that’s diarrhea! When you cancel your plans ‘cuz you can’t leave the can, that’s diarrhea!”

Nobody has to explain why they are sick it's an invasion of privacy. I'm sick and can't make it is good enough.

It's the 'Rona.... symptoms include headache from a bad Sr managers crap, breathing and a series of gastric expulsions which sound like said Sr. Manager.

Don't ask if you're not prepared for the answer. (Not that you should be asking, and I question the legality of that policy.)

arimylove1 8

That's a ****** up hateful job.