Here comes the flood

By Anonymous - 06/02/2023 12:00

Today, I was trying to be environmentally friendly by using a reusable water bottle, but didn't screw the top on properly, so while I was chatting to someone it splashed it all over my computer and bricked it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 598
You deserved it 534

Same thing different taste

Top comments

"Thanks for giving me even more e-waste!" -- The Environment

Using a reusable bottle was good. Leaving the lid off or loose between swallows is risky around electronics - and that doesn’t matter if it’s reusable or not… At least most of us learn from expensive or painful fails… Immediately after being exposed to liquid unplug the device or remove the batteries if they are readily removable and dry it off, shake out the liquid, and give it a couple of days to dry before attempting powering it up again. Plain water isn’t too awful on electronics if you do that, but soda is very destructive to electronics - It’s electrically conductive and has sugar in it that causes the partially dried beverage to cling to the electronics.

Comments

"Thanks for giving me even more e-waste!" -- The Environment

Using a reusable bottle was good. Leaving the lid off or loose between swallows is risky around electronics - and that doesn’t matter if it’s reusable or not… At least most of us learn from expensive or painful fails… Immediately after being exposed to liquid unplug the device or remove the batteries if they are readily removable and dry it off, shake out the liquid, and give it a couple of days to dry before attempting powering it up again. Plain water isn’t too awful on electronics if you do that, but soda is very destructive to electronics - It’s electrically conductive and has sugar in it that causes the partially dried beverage to cling to the electronics.