Have a merry Xmas!

By hilariousnow - 22/12/2009 08:46 - Vietnam

Today, with my girlfriend I planned a trip to Bali on this Thursday and we will celebrate Christmas together. Hotel booking done, flight tickets bought, swimsuits packed. I just forgot one thing: tell my boss I'll be on leave till next week. He gave me a new project. The deadline is next Monday. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 546
You deserved it 38 814

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You booked the entire trip w/o making sure you could get the time off from work, this short notice? Sounds like YDI.

DoingItWrong 0

You sir, are an idiot for planning a holiday vacation so close to the holiday in question. I bet everything you bought was marked up for idiots just like you. Plan your vacations well in advanced.

Comments

waterynuggets 0

YDI. That should have been one of the things you settled first. Sucks to be you.

Agreed. Why the hell would you plan a trip without informing your place of employment? YDI.

That was gonna rock But then your boss had to pull A major **** block

YDI who plans a week off without talking to their boss first?

You booked the entire trip w/o making sure you could get the time off from work, this short notice? Sounds like YDI.

DoingItWrong 0

You sir, are an idiot for planning a holiday vacation so close to the holiday in question. I bet everything you bought was marked up for idiots just like you. Plan your vacations well in advanced.

flyintonite 0

A similar (and much sadder) fml was posted about a woman who had to cancel a family trip to disney world b/c she forgot to tell her boss she was leaving. Point is if something is truely important (like a vacation) TELL YOUR BOSS!!!

I guess she told her kids they were going to Disney Land and then had to let them down.

That wasn't her fault. If I remember rightly the woman told her boss well in advance, then her boss forgot and gave someone else the time off and needed her in.

I think that the time off was for next year, and not this year. Thats what was going on. This one? http://www.fmylife.com/work/6557406

lickmyjock 0

Wow. People can be this stupid?

Rico5037 0

if I made this mistake I would NEVER admit to people I did it. idiot

russianspy1234 11

The only way this isn't a YDI is if your girlfriend is your boss.

Yes, you deserve it but I also think your boss is a dick for giving you a project due Monday after Christmas. Even if you weren't planning a trip out of town, you'd think he would appreciate that you're probably busy this time of year with family and other obligations.

If he's working in Vietnam, odds are they do not celebrate Christmas the same way we do. It's not a holiday in Japan, for example.

But still, you at least give your boss a couple weeks' advance notice so he could either find somebody else to do the project, or postpone it until the OP came back.