Happy Caturday

By couchsurfer - 10/08/2012 00:02 - Canada - Toronto

Today, I finally convinced my girlfriend to allow the cats to sleep with us on the bed. As we started to cuddle, one of the cats pissed right in between us. We are sleeping on the couch until the baking soda absorbs the smell in the mattress. I'll be sleeping there longer than that. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 071
You deserved it 29 950

Same thing different taste

Top comments

pcentral 17

I don't need pets in my bed. I'm already animal enough

Comments

And that's why my cat is an outside cat who rarely comes in the house.

Special_Psycho 8

Was the cat male? Was the cat's litterbox clean? If you answered yes to both, that's why the cat pissed on the bed.

Panda_Shy_Haven 17

I still love cats...even tho I Dnt have one :/

First, baking soda won't completely eliminate the smell. Get some Nature's Miracle, carried by most pet stores; it's enzymatic stuff for cleaning up pet messes, and works amazingly well. In general, a litter-trained cat will pee out of the box for only a few reasons: a health problem, a behavioral problem, or a protest. If this is an isolated incident, it's probably not health, but just in case, a vet visit is in order. The vet should be able to give suggestions for handling any behavioral problem, spay or neuter the cat if it's not yet fixed, or help diagnose what's being protested. Without more information, I'm going to guess the OP's cat was marking territory to try to reclaim the bed. My cat peed on my bed exactly once, when apartment maintenance people shut the door to her litterbox's room in the morning, then I didn't get home until late -- her protest was pretty clear. Some cats pee elsewhere if the box is too dirty; a regular cleaning schedule helps. If the cat doesn't like the girlfriend, having the girlfriend make nice to the cat could help, including having her feed it, give it treats, etc.

I love having my kitties sleep in my bed! If your cat is going outside the litter box, she might have a UTI. I'd get her looked at.

I've got 2 cats and both of them often sleep on my bed. They only do their business in the litter box. Even if they're outside, they go inside to do their business in the kitty litter. And to the people saying things like 'you should get a dog instead' , what would that solve? Dogs can pee/poo inside too and will also do that without proper training, just like cats.

Use vinegar on it, it neutralizes the ammonia smell.

And this is why dogs are better than cats. At least most dogs will let you know when they need to go.

when i was younger(like 8) my step brother was over, and his dog came into my room with me and my brother, and pooped on my brothers bed, so its not just cats its dogs, it has to do with how well trained the animal is, but no matter how well trained they are you should never want to sleep with an animal, its dangerous for them if they are small, and i don't get why anybody would be happy with a furry body squirming next to them all night, you shouldn't treat instintual beings like those with logic and reasoning

Why would you even want pets sleeping with you? I'm sorry I love my dogs but they have their space in my house, it sure isn't in my bed.